Tips for Diabetes/ Sugar :
Diabetes is a condition in which your body cannot properly use and store food for energy. The fuel that your body needs is called glucose, a form of sugar. Glucose comes from foods such as fruit, milk, some vegetables, starchy foods and sugar. To reduce your risk of diabetes complications such as heart disease, you will need to eat healthy foods, be active and you may need to take pills and/or insulin to control your blood sugar levels.
You will have to take proper 3 meals in a day to control your blood sugar levels. Being hungry for a long time is really not good for diabetic patients. Eat more high-fiber foods such as whole grain breads and cereals, lentils, dried beans and peas, brown rice, vegetables and fruits because Foods high in fiber may help you feel full and may lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Here we are giving you some important tips which will help you to maintain your blood sugar level and also prevent you from diabetes.
5 tips for meals of diabetic patients:
• Use more fibrous food in your meal like lentils, beans, fibrous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, green beans and other green vegetables.
• Use less oil and use olive oil instead of other oils. Do not eat fried items frequently. Try to eat boiled or baked food instead once in your meal.
• Rice should be eaten twice a week only because rice has carbohydrates which increase the blood sugar level. Try to brown rice with some black beans or lentils.
• Eat only one fruit per day. Fruits are rich in glucose and sugar. Diabetic patients only need a specific amount of glucose per day, so they are only allowed to eat one fruit per day.
• Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley and all foods that are made with these grains. Try to reduce gluten diet from your meals. Eat gluten free food.