Shrimp biryani is a popular variation of traditional biryani. This is very easy to make and give you unique taste of seafood recipe.
How to make Shrimp Biryani
• Soak the rice in normal water for 20 minutes.
• Make a fine paste of green chilies, garam masala, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts & coconut.
• In a pan heat 3 tablespoons of butter or ghee and add half of the onions and fry until golden brown.
• Add the paste to the onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
• Add the shrimps and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well so that all the shrimps are coated with the cooked masala and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes Remove from heat and set aside.
• In a separate pan heat 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee and fry the bay leaves and add the remaining onions and fry until the onions are golden brown.
• Add the rice and stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add the peas, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cup of water.
• Put the lid on the pan and let it stay for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost done on a low flame.
• Preheat the oven to 300°F.
• In a serving bowl mix the shrimps and rice together.
• Cover the bowl with the aluminum foil. Put it in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes.
• When done add the lime juice and garnish the shrimp biryani with fried cashew nuts and raisins.
More Shrimp Biryani Recipes
i think almost two year before i tasted this recipes when i was in graduation. haha what a nice days that was however shrimp and prawm are my favorite always.
- periya, multan
- Oct 29, 2013