| Recommended By Chef
| Tips About Recipe
For the masala masoor
1) Oil 1 tbsp
2) Whole masoor (red lentils) 1/2 cup
3) Chopped onions 1/2 cup
4) Red chilli-garlic paste 3 tbsp
5) Potato cubes 1/2 cup
6) Chopped tomatoes 3/4 cup
7) Apricots(finely chopped) 2
8) Raisins 1 tbsp
9) Salt to taste
10) Other ingredients:
11) Cooked rice 2 1/2 cups
12) Oil for greasing
For the garnish
1) Chopped coriander 2 tbsp
How to make Masoor Biryani
1.For the masala masoor:
2.Clean, wash and soak the masoor in enough water atleast 1 to 2 hours.
3. Drain the masoor. Keep aside.
4. Heat oil in pressure cooker add onions & saute till they turn brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the red chilli-garlic paste and saute for a few more seconds, while stirring continuously.
6. Add potatoes, tomatoes, apricots, raisins, masoor, salt & 1 1/4 cups water & pressure cook 1 whistle.
7. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
8. If it is watery, simmer till little moisture evaporates and the mixuter becomes semi-dry. Keep aside.
9.How to proceed:
10.Divide the rice into 3 equal portions and the masala masoor into 2 equal portions keep aside.
11. Spread one portion of the rice in an even layer in a greased glass baking dish.
12. Spread one portion of the masala masoor over it.
13. Spread remaining rice over the masala masoor in an oven layer.
14. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 to make one more layer.
15. Cover with an aluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes or microwave for 2 minutes.
16. Ensure you do not use aluminium foil while microwaving, as it may cause a spark.
17. Use a microwave-safe lid instead.
18. Turn upside down on a large serving palte, just before serving.
19. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Posted By: ~Sani~
Hi, can I send a list of my required recipes including Masoor Biryani. I want some Rice recipes in my email and then I will save them. I will make them later one by one.
hi, i want to say it is a good recipe. I like it but here is a question from me. What if we add meat for making a good taste? is that possible adding meat in it?
kafi lengthy ho rahi hai ye koi choti batayen jo kum steps pe mushtamil ho or jis me ziada time bhi na lage . ye mai pehli martaba banau gi lekin thori choti ho bus
yar kitni lambi recipe hai or dish bhi koi itni khas to nahi lag rahi . agar koi boht hi exclusive taste ki recipe ho to phir itna time lagae or itni mehnat karen . taste ke bare me bataye taake hum decision le saken
aye is me to gosht hi nahi dala. bhai bhalaa gosht ke bina bhi koi biryani hoti hai . bhai maza nahi aye ga gosht ke sath bataen chicken dalen ya mutton ya beef to phir hum ye biryani banane ki shuruoaat karen.