How to make Murgh Biryani
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger-garlic paste, half of the fried onions, half the chillis and a little salt.
2. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Add curd 1 hour before cooking the biryani.
4. Wash the rice and keep aside.
5. Take water in a vessel for boiling, add garam masala and 2 tbsp salt.
6. When the water boils add the rice.
7. Allow the rice to boil till bubbles apear 3 to 4 times.
8. The rice at this stage is partially cooked.
9. Drain out the water.
10. In a thick bottom vessel put the marinated chicken pieces and mix with half of the ghee and spread uniformly at the bottom.
11. Over this put the entire quantity of rice and spread it uniformly.
12. On this sprinkle fried onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves, lime juice, saffron soaked in milk and the rest of the ghee.
13. Cover the vessel with a foil and a lid and cook on medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes and then on slow heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
14. Mix thoroughly from top to bottom.