How to make Loki Ki Kheer
* Peel the skin of bottle gourd and take out seeds and shredded.
* Take a pan and put 4 tbsp clarified butter, bottle gourd and 1/2 tsp cardamom powder and cook it for 5 minutes.
* Now cool it on room temperature and add 1 liter milk with I cup sugar and cook it on low flame.
* When milk starts boiling and all sugar dissolve add 4 tbsp rice and cook it, when batter become thick add 125 grams khoya and mix it.
* In the end add few drops of essence and dish it out. Garnish it with dry fruits.
lauki kheer is good and cool and everyone loves to eat it. I have made different kinds of kheer and phirni and also a rasmalai once but now I want to make this kheer. My husband brought different vegetables including loki in bulk. So i thought i should make halwa with it.
- Samiya, Gujrat
- Nov 27, 2017
wondering about this delicious kheer as I only knew about lauki halwa which is really my love. Now i saw we can also make kheer with it, I will try it and serve as sweet dish after the meal. My father in law must like it.
- Sunera, Lahore
- Nov 20, 2017
Hi I love to eat lauki kheer because it is superb cold and amazing. I have eaten it many times and I would recommend it you as well. I have taught the method of lauki ki kheer to many other people as well such as my relatives and cousins.
- Yamna, Rahim Yar Khan
- Nov 13, 2017
I would make several kheer recipes tomorrow for a family gathering. I would make lauki kheer, phirni kheer and/or a badam kheer. Hope everyone would like my cooked kheers and enjoy. I want to make the best taste sweets.
I will make this lauki dessert and pudding , it looks very delicious. In fact let me tell you that there are many kinds of halwa recipes however lauki halwa and kheer has no match at all. I have to make this kheer so I will serve it in the dinner.
- Shazia, Pindi
- Oct 30, 2017