|add cardamom to milk and boil|
|grind soaked rice in a food blender|
|add ground rice into boiled milk|
|cook on low heat and keep stirring the ladle|
|grind almonds finely and add to firni|
|when milk starts getting brownish and firni gets thick, add sugar|
|add 2 to 3 drops of kewra|
|when sugar is cooked and firni becomes dense, remove from stove|
|take out in a dish and garnish with almonds, pistachios, crushed coconut and silver leaf. Chill and enjoy.|
Preparation of Phirni Recipe
- Milk: 1 kg
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Rice: 4 tablespoons
- Cardamoms: 2 to 3
- Kewra: 2 to 3 drops
- Almonds: as per taste
- Pistachios: as per taste
- Silver Leaf: 1
- Coconut: 1 tablespoon (thinly crushed)
- Soak rice in water for 10 to 15 minutes and grind in a food blender.
- Add cardamom to milk and boil. When it simmers, add ground rice in milk and cook on low heat and keep stirring the ladle (if not stirred, firni will burn from
- Grind almonds finely and add to firni.
- When milk starts getting brownish and firni gets thick, add sugar.
- When sugar is cooked and firni becomes dense, remove from stove and add 2 to 3 drops of kewra. Mix well, take out in large bowl and store aside for solidifying. Garnish with almonds, pistachios, crushed coconut and silver leaf.
- When it is cool, store in refrigerator and enjoy chilled firni.
Phirni is a luscious pick from Punjabi sweet recipes. It is a very famous pudding of Pakistan and India. This rice dessert renders a lovable taste; more recipes like this firni dessert are badam kheer and rice kheer recipes.
It is an ideal dessert to serve at weddings and family gatherings. KFoods.com provides you with a very easy method for making firni at home. Just by following simple steps, you can taste the sweetness of this traditional Pakistani food. KFoods.com provides you with a very easy method for making firni at home. Just by following simple steps, you can taste the sweetness of this traditional Pakistani food.
Phirni recipe combines ground rice and milk, flavored with almonds and pistachios and garnished with crushed coconut and silver leaf into a marvel sweet dish. It will be liked by kids, elders, mummy, papa and by everyone. Prepare it today and become beloved of all in your home.
If you are keen to see more sweet dessert recipes, also view: how to make rasmalai, how to make double ka meetha (shahi tukra recipe), sheer khurma, seviyan zarda and gulab jamun recipe.
See how to make phirni recipe with step by step visual instructions that I have come up here with. KFoods.com offers many types of phirni recipes including phirni recipe in Urdu, badam phirni recipe and firni recipe in Pakistani style. is usually prepared at Eid ul Fitr, family parties and different festive occasions. It doubles the joys of merriment, success and happiness.