|Cut bread slices into different shapes.|
|Deep fry slices until they turn golden brown.|
If you don't want to deep fry, brush slice with little olive oil and bake in the oven at 180 degrees.Remove when they become golden brown.
|Add saffron or yellow food coloring in milk and boil. When it remains to 1/2 kg, remove from the stove.|
|Add water and green cardamom to water and cook. Remove when thick.|
|Spread fried (or baked) slices in a dish.|
|Spread the sugar and green cardamom syrup over slices.|
|Now spread the milk.|
|Garnish with almonds and pistachios.|
|Place aside. When bread absorbs milk and water syrup, double ka mitha is ready. Enjoy!|
Double Ka Meetha (Shahi Tukray Recipe)
- Bread: 8 to 10 slices
- Milk: 1 kg
- Sugar: 1 cup (as per taste)
- Water: 1 cup
- Saffron or Yellow Food Coloring: 1/4 teaspoon
- Green Cardamom: 2 pcs
- Almonds: as much you like
- Pistachios: as much you like
- Silver Paper: 1 piece
- Cut bread slices into miscellaneous shapes and deep fry until they are golden brown. If you want to avoid deep frying, drizzle a little oil on slices and bake them in oven. When slices change color to golden brown, remove from oven.
- Add saffron or yellow food coloring to milk and place on stove for simmering. As it simmers, lower the flame and let it cook. When it is remained to 1/2 kg, remove from the stove.
- Add sugar and green cardamoms in water and cook at medium heat. When syrup becomes thick, remove the pan from stove.
- Place fried (or baked) slices in a dish, first pour the sweet water syrup and then milk. Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios and silver paper. Place at room temperature for some time so that slices absorb milk and syrup.
- Shahi Tukra (Double Meetha) is ready.
- Delight up the party by presenting this tasteful dessert.
Shahi Tukray is known as a very tasty and nutritional sweet dish for kids.