Ek Handi Nu Dal Bhaat
Find easy and simple Ek Handi Nu Dal Bhaat Recipe with a fusion of traditional and contemporary flavors. Ek Handi Nu Dal Bhaat is a common dish to find in Rice Recipes category. Enhance your cooking journey and enjoy creating Ek Handi Nu Dal Bhaat recipe with available user-friendly instructions in English Recipes.
| Recommended By Chef
| Tips About Recipe
1) Spilt pigeon peas (Arhar dal) 1/2
2) Rice 3/4 cup
3) Ghee 3 tablespoons
4) Cloves 2-3
5) Black peppercoms 4-5
6) Bay leaf 1
7) Onion, sliced 1
8) Ginger paste 3/4 teaspoon
9) Garlic paste 3/4 teaspoon
10) Patato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces 1 large
11) Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
12) Red chilli powder 3/4 teaspoon
13) Green chillies, chopped 2
14) Salt to taste
15) Tomato, pureed 1 large
16) Chopped fresh corinader leaves 2 tablespoons
How to make Ek Handi Nu Dal Bhaat
1. Heat the ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, cloves, peppercons and bay leaf and saute till fragrant.
2. Add the onion, ginger paste and garlic paste and saute for one more minute.
3. Add the potato and mix well.
4. Stir in the dal and rice.
5. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder and green chillies and mix well.
6. Add four cups of water and salt.
7. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and cook till almost done.
8. Stir in the tomato puree and coriander leaves.
9. Mash the mixture slightly with the back of a ladle.
10. Cook, covered, over low heat for eight to ten minutes and serve.
Posted By: ~Sani~