• 500 g gogji hakh or muji hakh (Turnip
leaves or Radish
• 4 saboot lal mirci sukhi (dried Red chillies
• 2 ladles mustard Oil
• 1/6 Tea
spoon hing (Asafoetida
• A pinch of meetha soda (sodium bicarbonate).
How to make Patoon ki Sabzi
• Clean and wash the vegetable leaves properly 3-4 times in fresh water.
• Boil 1 glass of water in a cooker, put meetha soda and vegetable in it and pressure cook up to 5 whistles.
• Lift the lid quickly, Wash the saag 3 time in fresh water and squeeze properly.
• Wash the cooker and heat oil till smoke appears and turn off the stove for 2 minutes.
• On low flame fry the mirchi a little bit and take them out.
• Put squeezed vegetable in oil along with salt and hing, keep it on low flame for 2-3 minutes and stir occasionally.
• Add 1 glass of water and mirchi and turn the stove to full flame till it starts boiling.
• Turn the stove to low flame again an cook it for 5 minutes without covering it with lid.
• Relish the vegetable with hot boiled rice.
• Note: Eat this vegetable with rice and blended curd (lassi), you will relish more.