| Recommended By Chef
| 0:15 To Prep
| 0:25 To Cook
| 6 Servings
| Tips About Recipe
Heat the ghee or oil until hot then fry the paneer until golden brown.
Drain well then cut it into 12mm/1/2 inch squares and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a saucepan, add the onions and fry for 8-10 minutes until light brown, stirring constantly.
Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 3 minutes, adding little water if the mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan.
Add the chili powder, salt, cumin, coriander and turmeric powder and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time and adding a little more water to prevent it drying out and sticking.
Add the sour cream and spinach, mix well, cover and cook over medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
Add the cheese, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve hot with boiled rice or a flatbread such as roti, paratha or naan.
Pakistani Indian Palak Paneer Recipe
Sometimes you hear the name of a vegetable dish, you ignore it because it is vegetable. However let me suggest you not to underestimate the taste of Indian, Pakistani or Punjabi palak paneer. It is quite different than ordinary palak recipes. Cheesy inclusion with spicy spinach makes it a special dish.
How do you make palak paneer? step by step
- Heat ghee and fry cheese until it turns golden brown in color.
- Drain oil from cheese and cut it into 1/2 inch cubes. Place aside.
- Now heat ghee or oil in saucepan, and fry onions until they become light brown in color (keep stirring).
- Now fry ginger garlic in the pan for 3 minutes.
- Add water if mixture tends to stick to the pan.
- Add and fry chili powder, salt, cumin, coriander and turmeric powder for 3 minutes (keep stirring and adding water in order to prevent sticking).
- Now add sour cream and spinach, mix thoroughly, cover pan and cook at medium flame until liquid evaporates (it will take nearly 15 minutes).
- Then add cheese, cover pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Delicious Palak Paneer is ready to eat.
- Serve hot either with boiled rice or naan or roti.
Palak Paneer Recipes
This was a delicious palak paneer recipe.
Are you looking for more palak recipes?
- Click here for delicious palak kofta recipe
- keema palak recipe
Palak paneer wow it's very good to enjoy in the lunch or dinner. We eat many kinds of vegetable dishes in which spinach is the best one. Thanks for sharing recipe, I will try it and hopefully it will give a wonderful taste.
- Samreen, LHR
- Oct 05, 2017
palak paneer is a nice food , it makes me remember the days i lived in my village before my wedding. There in villages we ate very delicious desi foods, palak paneer, methi aloo, palak and makai ki roti etc. I want to eat same foods again.
- Hiba, Lahore
- Sep 25, 2017
palak paneer is my favorite dish to enjoy as main course food. Whenever I make this palak dish, I tell my servant to buy some tandoori naans because my husband likes naans with it. I make it very tasty and in stylish way.
- Rida, Murree
- Sep 19, 2017
Whenever I am fed up of specialty or meat dishes, I go for traditional village foods such as aloo methi, palak paneer and palak gosht. These dishes do good in taste and always provide a nice experience. I will try this palak paneer recipe tonight.
Palak paneer is definitely a nice one recipe. It has a great taste. It works great when you eat it in the lunch. I would like to make this palak paneer again with your website recipe.
- Noor ul Huda, Kimari Karachi
- Sep 06, 2017