| Recommended By Chef
| 5:00 To Prep
| 0:20 To Cook
| 04 Servings
| Tips About Recipe
1) Whole chickens, skinned 1
2) Lemon juice 4 tablespoons
3) Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
4) Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
5) Cumin (zeera powder) 1 teaspoon
6) Garam masala 1 teaspoon
7) Chili powder 1 teaspoon
8) Curry powder 1 teaspoon
9) Salt 1 teaspoon
10) Oil for deep frying
11) Chat masala 1 teaspoon
How to make Chicken Charga
1. Place the chicken on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, make deep incisions at 2 inches intervals.
2. Place the chicken in a large bowl and rub 2 tablespoon lemon juice into the incisions.
3. Cover and leave to marinate for about an hour.
4. Add ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, salt and curry powder to the lemon juice to make a paste.
5. Rub the marinade over the chicken.
6. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 5-6 hours or over night in a refrigerator.
7. Heat oil in a deep fryer or a karahai to smoking point, then reduce the heat to medium.
8. Fry the chicken carefully in hot oil, turning many times to ensure even browning.
9. Fry the chirgha for 12-15 minutes to a golden color, drain thoroughly with a perforated slice.
10. Then place them on absorbent kitchen paper.
11. Sprinkle with chat masala.
12. Decorate with lemon wedges and onion rings.
13. Serve with Nan, Poodinay Ki Chutney and Raita.
Posted By: ~Sani~
My mom has planned different meat recipes to make after qurbani. First we will set aside the part of poor people, then to the relatives and then with the remaining meat, we will make various recipes. We will also chicken recipes to make some change.
i think, we should add papeeta for tendering, and also we cant deep fry due to high cholesterol . will be steam in pot. I hope it will make it more tasty and nutritious.
should i add papaya to chicken to make it more soft???
wah bhi maza agay. its really very nice i love to eat this charga recipe and hopefully i will try it again.
Ais recipe ko deakh kar moo may pani agai, very hot dish hai Lahore ki, Ais jummay ko try karoo gi