Banana Kofta - Kela Kofta
Find easy and simple Banana Kofta - Kela Kofta Recipe with a fusion of traditional and contemporary flavors. Banana Kofta - Kela Kofta is a common dish to find in Vegetable Recipes category. Enhance your cooking journey and enjoy creating Banana Kofta - Kela Kofta recipe with available user-friendly instructions in English Recipes.
| Recommended By Chef
| Tips About Recipe
1) Raw bananas 450 gm
2) Cardamoms 6
3) Cinnamon 1"" stick
4) Cloves 4
5) Coriander leaves, chopped 4 tsp
6) Cream 60 ml
7) Dough for sealing dish
8) Garlic paste 15 gm
9) Ginger, chopped fine 15 gm
10) Ginger paste 15 gm
11) Green chillies 6
12) Honey 1 tsp
13) Mace (javitri) powder a pinch
14) Oil to deep fry
15) Onions, chopped fine 60 gm
16) Onions, chopped 60 gm
17) Red chilli powder 1 tsp
18) Salt to taste
19) Tomatoes, chopped 2/3 cup
20) White pepper powder 2.5 gm
How to make Banana Kofta - Kela Kofta
1. Put bananas in a pan, cover with water and boil for 30 minutes. Cool, peel and mash.
2. Mix in the finely chopped onions, ginger, coriander, green chillies, white pepper powder and salt.
3. Divide into 15 portions and roll into balls (koftas) between your palms.
4. Deep fry in a kadhai over low heat till golden brown. Keep aside.
5. Remove excess oil from the kadhai, leaving behind 4 tablespoons.
6. Heat oil and crackle cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon in it.
7. Add the roughly chopped onions.
8. Saute till transparent. Add ginger and garlic pastes and saute till onions turn brown.
9. Make a puree of the tomatoes in a blender.
10. Add tomato puree, red chilli powder and salt to the kadhai.
11. Stir-cook till oil surfaces. Add 400 ml/1 2/3 cups water.
12. Bring to boil, remove and strain through soup strainer into another pot.
13. Put the pot on fire and bring gravy to boil.
14. Add cream. Remove and add honey.
15. Arrange koftas in an oven proof casserole.
16. Pour gravy over, sprinkle with mace powder, cover and seal dish with dough.
17. Place dish in preheated oven at 275 ºF for 8-10 minutes.
18. Open the seal and serve with boiled rice or paratha.
Posted By: ~Sani~