How to make Banana Kofta - Kela Kofta
1. Put bananas in a pan, cover with water and boil for 30 minutes. Cool, peel and mash.
2. Mix in the finely chopped onions, ginger, coriander, green chillies, white pepper powder and salt.
3. Divide into 15 portions and roll into balls (koftas) between your palms.
4. Deep fry in a kadhai over low heat till golden brown. Keep aside.
5. Remove excess oil from the kadhai, leaving behind 4 tablespoons.
6. Heat oil and crackle cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon in it.
7. Add the roughly chopped onions.
8. Saute till transparent. Add ginger and garlic pastes and saute till onions turn brown.
9. Make a puree of the tomatoes in a blender.
10. Add tomato puree, red chilli powder and salt to the kadhai.
11. Stir-cook till oil surfaces. Add 400 ml/1 2/3 cups water.
12. Bring to boil, remove and strain through soup strainer into another pot.
13. Put the pot on fire and bring gravy to boil.
14. Add cream. Remove and add honey.
15. Arrange koftas in an oven proof casserole.
16. Pour gravy over, sprinkle with mace powder, cover and seal dish with dough.
17. Place dish in preheated oven at 275 ºF for 8-10 minutes.
18. Open the seal and serve with boiled rice or paratha.
Posted By: ~Sani~, karachi