|Boil and mash potatoes.|
|Cut all vegetables into small thin pieces.|
|Mix mashed potatoes, vegetables and spices in a bowl and mix well.|
|Make flat cutlets with the mixture.|
|Beat eggs in a bowl.|
|Dip all cutlets in eggs and apply breadcrumbs.|
|Heat oil in pan and fry all cutlets.|
|Revert when fried from one side.|
|When both sides are fried, remove in a serving dish.|
|Tasty vegetable cutlets are ready.Serve and enjoy with tomato ketchup and green chutney.|
Vegetable Cutlets Recipe (Translated in English)
- Breadcrumbs: 1 cup
- Boiled Potatoes: 1/2 kg
- Onion: 1 (chopped finely)
- Tomatoes: 2 (chopped finely)
- Carrot: 1 (chopped finely)
- Cabbage: 1/2 cup (chopped finely)
- Capsicum: 1 (chopped finely)
- Green Chillies: 4-5 (chopped finely)
- Salt: as per taste
- Chinese Salt: 1/2 tsp
- White Cumin: 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Red Chillies: 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Black Pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Eggs: 2 pcs
- Oil: for frying
- Boil potatoes and mash well. Chop all vegetables into thin pieces.
- Add mashed potatoes in a pan along onions, carrots, cabbage, capsicum, salt, Chinese salt, white cumin, crushed red chillies and crushed black peppercorns, mix well and form kebabs shaped cutlets.
- Beat eggs in a bowl well and dip all cutlets into eggs. Then roll egg-dipped cutlets in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat cooking oil in frying pan and shallow fry all cutlets.
- Once fried from one side, turn side. When fried fully, vegetable cutlets are ready.
- Dish out and serve with ketchup or chilli garlic sauce.
Veg patties or vegetable cutlets are snacks made with mixed vegetables including boiled potatoes, onion, tomatoes, carrots, cabbages, capsicum and green chillies. Potatoes are first boiled and mashed and other vegetables are sliced thin and mixed with potatoes. And then cutlets are fried and served.
Different kinds of cutlets are ideal to serve in chilled or rainy weather. It is best to serve veg cutlets with evening tea when most of the family members sit together and enjoy the teatime. So if you have some vegetables as aforementioned or some others, you can materialize this cutlets recipe too. I have presented the step by step recipe for making vegetable cutlets which will help you throughout the way.
Main ingredient of these vegetable patties is mashed potato so you can also term this as potato cutlet recipe as well. This cutlet is overtly similar to aloo kabab which also consists majorly of potatoes however it has less number of vegetables.
Although, I have given detailed recipe for veggie cutlets with step by step procedure, I am describing it briefly as follows:
How to Make Vegetable Cutlets Recipe?
Boil potatoes and mash with a spoon. Cut all other vegetables into thin slices. Now mix all sliced vegetables with mashed potatoes and salt, Chinese salt, white cumin, crushed red pepper and black pepper powder. This includes everything, every single thing in the recipe except breadcrumbs and eggs. Now mix well and make flat cutlets.
Now beat eggs in a separate bowl, dip cutlets in eggs and roll in breadcrumbs. Cutlets are now ready to fry. Now heat oil in frying pan, fry cutlets from both sides and you are now ready to enjoy delicious vegetable patties or cutlets.
You may also like:
Corn and Cheese Cutlet Recipe Video:
Urdu Recipe for Mixed Veg Cutlets
Pulses and Veggie Cutlet Recipe
Today I am offering an easy recipe for vegetable cutlets with step by step pictures (that I took during preparation). You and your family would love eating this vegetables snack in iftar or with evening tea.
Making a veggie cutlet is very easy.
Main ingredients used in vegetable cutlets are as follows:
Along other spices and ingredient items, finally it prepares a delicious thing to enjoy as a snack. You can also enjoy it as a side dish in dinner or lunch.
Here is Vegetable cutlets recipe in Urdu.