Tandoori raan recipe is an Eid ul Adha special, can be made with mutton or lamb leg. Leg is spiced and roasted in a way which renders the best of the taste. Also known lamb or mutton raan roast recipe, it should be your priority dish this Bakra Eid.
| Recommended By Chef
| 0:50 To Prep
| 3:00 To Cook
| 6 Servings
| Tips About Recipe
How to make Tandoori Raan
1. Clean the lamb leg trim the extra fat, wash it under running water and pat dry with kithchen towel.
2. Prick the lamb leg with fork.
3. Season it with ginger-garlic paste, salt, lemon juice, turmeric and red chilli powder.
4. Allow it to rest for an hour at warm place.
5. Second marination of lamb leg should be done in black cardamom powder, clove powder, yogurt balsamic vinegar and mustard oil.
6. Allow it to rest for three-four hours in a refrigerator.
7. Heat mustard oil.
8. Fry shahi zeera along with sliced onions till golden brown.
9. Put marinated lamb leg in a pot and genlty pour in hot oil along with brown onion on the meat.
10. Partially immerse the lamb leg in meat stock or water and allow it to cook gently on slow flame with covered lid.
11. When the meat is 80 percent cooked remove the lid and cook on high flame so that excessive moisture gets evaporated.
12. Allow it cool. Place the meat in a tandoor for a 10-12 minutes or preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
What Tandoori refers to?
The term 'tandoori' refers to a cooking style in which food is first marinated with spices and then baked in a specialized way. Tandoori dishes yield tastier foods as compared to those cooked with normal method. There are many foods that have been cooked and suggested with proper tandoori recipes such as tandoori chicken pizza, tandoori chicken recipe, tandoori roll.
Tandoori raan is my aim on this bakra eid. Can we make this raan just with mutton leg? or beef leg is also ok? coz i have seen that only mutton leg is used to make roasted leg etc. Don't know why people use just mutton leg?
- Khaqan, Thatta
- Aug 28, 2017
I have a special trick to add awesome taste to tandoori raan recipe which no one else knows. I am making beef & mutton recipes for long time and I know many tips to make foods tasty.
- Mahna, Gujranwala
- Mar 08, 2017
Rarely, my family eat roasted raan , you know specially in bakra eid we have lot of meat, so order to Hanifia to make chatpati raan but now i got this recipe i will try it at home thanks kfoods .
- Jameel, karachi
- Aug 15, 2016
Tandoori chicken is my favourite, its cooking and spices give different taste than others and I liked it once I ate. Though, I have not eaten raan with tandoori spices but today as I got to see its recipe, I have saved it and waiting for EidulAdha to try on beef or mutton leg.
- Abdul Khaliq, Rawalpindi
- Aug 10, 2016
Uff I am just loving this raan. I do not have raan at this time, I will get it bought by my husband on Sunday. Who will wait till bakra eid when I am wishing to eat it now , my husband will bring it on Sunday. I will make this tandoori raan.
- Jahanara, Lahore
- Aug 04, 2016