Red Kidney Beans
: 200 gm Salt
: to taste Ginger
Paste: 2 tbps
Onion Finely SlIce
d: 1 large
es Puree: 1 cup
Green Chillies Chopped: 3 nos Coriander
Powder: 1/4 tsp
Whole White Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tbsp
Red Chili Powder: 1 tsp
Cumin Powder: 1/2 tsp Oil
: 2 tsp
Plain Yoghurt: 1/2 cup
How to make Rajma Rasmisa
Clean & wash Rajmas (Red Kidney beans) & soak overnight.
Boil the soaked Rajmas, till they are cooked to soft & tender. Take a wok.
Put on the fire, put 02 tbs oil, as the oil gets warm, put 1/2 tablespoon whole white cumin seeds in it. When it crackles, add sliced onions in it, saute till it turns to golden color.
Now add ginger & garlic paste, add tomato puree and saute it. Now add green chilies, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, yoghurt & salt to taste. Cook the masala for 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the boiled rajma into the masala, put a cup of water, and cook it for another 15 to 20 minutes on medium flame. Garnish with green coriander leaves.
Serve it with hot chapattis & boiled white rice.
How to Make Rajma Rasmisa (Red Kidney Beans):
- Wash red kidney beans and soak for whole night.
- Boil the kidney beans next morning until they are soft.
- Place a wok on stove and put 2 tablespoon oil. When oil is warm, put 1/2 tablespoon white cumin seeds.
- Once cumin start crackling, add sliced onion and saute until golden in color.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, add tomato puree and saute.
- Add green chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, yogurt and salt.
- Cook these spices for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add boiled rajma (red kidney beans) to spices mixture, add one cup water and cook for 20 more minutes on medium heat.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and now rajma rasmisa recipe is ready to serve.
- Enjoy with chapatti or boiled rice.
Wow, what a lovely dish rajma rasmisa recipe is.. This is the first time when I searched its recipe, because before it was my sister who used to make lots of dal recipes for whole family members but now she is married.
- Jaabir, Gujranwala
- Mar 08, 2017
When I visited Kashmir valley, I found this lobia everywhere. In every hotel, we found this dish dominating. That time I didn't know its name but now after seeing its recipe, I am going excited for it. Will be trying this recipe soon . Thank U!
- Najma Iqbal, Karachi
- Oct 24, 2016