| Recommended By Chef
| Tips About Recipe
• 4 large sized tomatoes
• 2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
• 4 to 6 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 tsp garlic, chopped
• 2 tbsp tomato puree (optional)
• 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 2 tbsp olive oil or oil
• salt to taste
1. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water.
2. Peel, cut into quarters and deseed the tomatoes.
3. Chop finely and keep the tomato pulp aside.
4. Heat the olive oil, add the bay leaves and peppercorns and sauté for a few seconds.
5. Add the onion, garlic and capsicum and sauté for a few minutes.
6. Add the tomato pulp and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce reduces a little.
7. Add the tomato purée, ketchup, sugar and salt and simmer for some more time.
8. Finally, add the oregano and mix well. Remove the capsicum, bay leaves and peppercorns and discard.
9. Use as required.
Posted By: jasmeen