• 3 cups besan ata
• 1½ cup Wheat
• ½ tsp. Salt
• ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
• ¼ tsp. chili (Lal Mirch) powder
• 2 tbs. Oil
• 1 pinch asafetida (Heeng)
• 2 cups Ghee
For: 5 to 6 Person
How to make Besan ki Roti
1. Mix besan and wheat flour. Add salt and mix. Add a little water and mix. The consistency should be soft and putty-like. It helps if you kneed it with a wet hand.
2. Keep the dough in the fridge for 5 minutes.
3. Divide this dough into 4 portions. Roll each portion into a ball and flatten it into a chapati shape (round).
4. Spread a little oil or ghee on it. Make a cut in it from the center to the edge. Pick up the cut edge and start rolling it so that you end up with a cone.
5. With the palm of your hand flatten it while twisting it so that it once again forms a ball type thing. Flatten it again in chapati shape and fry it on medium to low heat with three tbs. oil or more depending on the size of the frying pan. Turn it over once the bottom is golden brown.
6. When both sides are golden brown it’s done.
7. Serve with garlic chutney, achar or raita.