Afghani Mutton Biryani
Afghani Mutton Biryani is easy to make and delicious in taste especially the uses of dry fruits makes its taste unique among other ordinary biryani. You may enjoy this easy homemade Afghani biryani recipe as a main course dish for lunch & Dinner. The special feature of afghani mutton biryani is that it is made with lamb meat. It depends upon your choice that whether you want to take the lamb meat boneless or on bones. You should use good quality basmati rice to make afghani mutton biryani. The meat is cooked finely with all the spices mentioned in the recipe. Carrots, pine nuts and raisins give the original afghani flavor to the afghani biryani recipe. The layer of pine nuts and carrots give this recipe a very nice aroma. Although it is believed that lamb meat is full of smell but this recipe will change your opinion. It is very tasty and every bit of the rice contained by afghani mutton biryani is juicy. You can serve this biryani with raita and salad. Afghani mutton biryani is not easily available in restaurants so here we are providing you with the amazing and unique recipe of afghani mutton biryani.
| Recommended By Chef
| 20 To Prep
| 55 To Cook
| 06 Servings
| Tips About Recipe
1) 1 kilogram lamb meat on the bone
2) 11 cloves
3) 1 large cinnamon sticks
4) 2 teaspoon salt
5) Gnger Paste 1 tablespoon
6) 1 tablespoon garlic paste
7) 8 cups water
8) 3 cups basmati rice good quality
9) 3/4 cup cooking oil
10) 1 large onion skinned & thinly sliced
11) 8 green cardamoms
12) 1 teaspoon cumin seeds zeera
13) 4 carrots, peeled and grated
14) ½ cup green raisins
15) ½ cup pine nuts.
How to make Afghani Mutton Biryani
1. Cut meat into large pieces and wash thoroughly under cold tap water.
2. Place meat, cinnamon, cloves, salt, water, garlic and ginger in a large
heavy based sauce pan.
3. Bring to boil and skim off any scum that rises to the
4. Reduce heat, cover and allow to boil gently for 40 to 45 minutes until
the meat is tender.
5. Meanwhile, put rice in a sieve and wash it thoroughly under running cold
tap until water runs clear.
6. Soak in plenty of water for 1½
7. Drain in a sieve and let it stand for a minute or two.
8. Fry nuts, raisins and carrots separately in 2 tablespoons of oil in a
small frying pan.
9. keep aside. Heat oil in a large heavy based pan, add onion
and while stirring frequently fry for 3-5 minutes.
10. Add cinnamon stick,cloves, green cardamoms, cumin, meat and 6 cups of stock, add water ifnecessary to make 6 cups.
11.Bring to boil and add rice to it.
12. Carefully stir once. Cover and reduce heat to medium and cook for 7-10 minutes.
13. Gently stir rice.
14. Do not stir to hard otherwise the rice will break.
15. Put a layer of carrot, raisins and pine nuts on the top of rice.
16. Cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce heat to very low and allow to cook for
another 7 - 10 minutes until rice is tender.
17. Fluff up rice with a fork, then transfer it into to a heated serving dish.
18. Serve with Raita.
no one likes the lamb and mutton meat in my family but still, I tried this recipe for afghani mutton biryani. This turned out very juicy and tender meaty biryani. I will give it a 5 star.
this afghani mutton biryani is surely a new version of biryani and I will definitely try this at home. As biryani is loved by everyone, I'm sure this recipe would be love also.
Agfhani mutton biryani is one of the most delicious options we will have this Eid-ul-Adha and I can't wait to eat it!
My best friend used to cook Afghani Mutton Biryani recipe very effectively and tastefully. I learned recipe and many kinds of Rice recipes from her and will seek more from her.
I tried your recipe and this is the only reason why I am commenting here. It was awesome and so much tasty. Keep sharing such kind of different and unique recipes of Afghani foods. Thank you so much.