Apply salt and gram flour on fish and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
Wash fish and store in a strainer.
Grind onions finely.
Heat oil in a saucepan.
Put fenugreek in hot oil.
When it crackles, add ground onion.
As onion gets brownish, add ginger and garlic.
When ginger garlic start getting brown in color, add salt, red pepper, turmeric
powder, coriander powder and cumin and cook well.
Add yogurt and cook.
When yogurt water is dry and spices are roasted, add water.
Add fish in the pan as it simmers.
When fish is cooked and gravy becomes dense, lower the flame and add green chili
Tasty Fish Gravy Awaits You. Enjoy!
Pakistani Fish Gravy Recipe
- Fish: 1 kg
- Salt: as per taste
- Red Pepper: 2 teaspoons (as per taste)
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed Coriander Powder: 2 teaspoons
- Ginger Garlic: 2 teaspoons
- Yogurt: 1/8 kg (125 grams)
- Oil: 1 cup
- White Cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek: 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion (Ground): 4 medium
- Green Chilies: 2 to 3 pcs
- Green Coriander: 1 tablespoon (crushed)
- Water: 1/2 glass
Apply salt and gram flour on fish and leave for 10 to 15 minutes. This removes
the fish odor.
- Wash fish and store in a strainer.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. When heated, put 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek. When it
crackles, add ground onion, mix and leave for cooking.
- Roast onions, when its water is dried.
- As onion gets brownish, add ginger and garlic. When ginger garlic start
getting brown in color, add salt, red pepper, turmeric powder, coriander
powder and cumin and mix well.
- After roasting spices for 2 minutes, add yogurt mix and cook well.
- When yogurt water is dry and spices are roasted, add 1/2 glass water.
- Add fish in the pan as it simmers and cook at medium flame.
- Stir pan while holding with a cloth.
- Do not use spoon in the pan as it can break the fish.
- When fish is cooked and gravy becomes dense, lower the flame.
- Add green chili and coriander.
- Delicious Fish Gravy is ready.
Always cook fish in wide-mouthed pan.
Do not use spoon to cook fish.
Stir pan with a cloth, spoon can break the fish.
Always cook fish uncovered. Covering the pan can turn it extra soft.
If you want more gravy in the dish, use water accordingly and make gravy as much
Machli ka salan- This recipe contains many important nutrients and healthy ingredients. You can make machli ka salan in winters to get appreciated. Everyone will love to eat machli ka salan in winters.
Machli ka salan is very healthy and nutritious. You can have Machli ka salan even if you are on a diet because it has very less oil. Machli ka salan has a very different taste. The curry powder used in Machli ka salan is also very tasty and unique. You can serve Machli ka salan with hot boiled rice or roti. Hope you like the recipe for Machli ka salan.
Discover a variety of Step By Step Recipes articles on our page, including topics like Machli Ka Salan Step By Step Recipe and other health issues. Get detailed insights and practical tips for Machli Ka Salan Step By Step Recipe to help you on your journey to a healthier life. Our easy-to-read content keeps you informed and empowered as you work towards a better lifestyle.
About the Author:
Seema Aleem is a content writer with expertise in publishing news articles with strong academic background. Seema Aleem is dedicated content writer for news and featured content especially food recipes, daily life tips & tricks related topics and currently employed as content writer at kfoods.com.
Machli Ka Salan Recipe (Fish Salan)
Machli Ka Salan Recipe (Fish Salan) ہر کسی کے لیے جاننا ضروری ہیں کیونکہ یہ ایک اہم معلومات ہے۔ Machli Ka Salan Recipe (Fish Salan) سے متعلق تفصیلی معلومات آپ کو اس آرٹیکل میں بآسانی مل جائے گی۔ ہمارے پیج پر کھانوں، مصالحوں، ادویات، بیماریوں، فیشن، سیلیبریٹیز، ٹپس اینڈ ٹرکس، ہربلسٹ اور مشہور شیف کی بتائی ہوئی ہر قسم کی ٹپ دستیاب ہے۔ مزید لائف ٹپس، صحت، قدرتی اجزاء اور ماڈرن ریمیڈی کے فوڈز میں موجود ہے۔