Turkish Style Chicken with Rice
Find easy and simple Turkish Style Chicken with Rice Recipe with a fusion of traditional and contemporary flavors. Turkish Style Chicken with Rice is a common dish to find in Rice Recipes category. Enhance your cooking journey and enjoy creating Turkish Style Chicken with Rice recipe with available user-friendly instructions in English Recipes.
| Recommended By Chef
| Tips About Recipe
1) Chicken only Legs, breast and wings 1 lb
2) Tomatoes peeled, seeded and chopped 3 large
3) Onions finely chopped 2
4) Garlic Cloves minced 2
5) Coriander Seed ground 1 tbsp
6) Saffron 1/2 tbsp
7) Olive Oil 4 tbsp
8) Bay Leaf crushed 1
9) Bell Peppers finely diced 2
10) Kalamata Olives pitted and dices 1 cup
11) Chicken Broth preferably homemade 2 cups
12) White Raisins soaked in boiling water 2 tsp
13) Long Grain with Rice 1 lb
14) Salt and Pepper to taste
15) Cumin Ground 1/2 tsp
How to make Turkish Style Chicken with Rice
1. Remove the skin from chicken pieces.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Cook in oil. Remove pieces as they brown.
4. They should be almost cooked at this point.
5. If they are not, turn down heat and continue cooking.
6. Add onions to the oil left in the pan and cook until soft.
7. Add garlic, bay leaf and ground coriander.
8. Stir in rice until well coated with the oil.
9. Add bell peppers and cook a few minutes.
10. Stir in tomatoes, cumin and saffron.
11. Add raisins. Return chicken pieces to pan.
12. Pour 2 cups boiling chicken stock. Cover pan.
13. Turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes.
14. Add olives and continue simmering 10 to 15 minutes until rice is cooked.
15. Add some drops of Tabasco. Serve hot.
Posted By: ~Sani~