Modur Pulao (Sweetened Kashmiri rice with coconut)
Find easy and simple Modur Pulao (Sweetened Kashmiri rice with coconut) Recipe with a fusion of traditional and contemporary flavors. Modur Pulao (Sweetened Kashmiri rice with coconut) is a common dish to find in Rice Recipes category. Enhance your cooking journey and enjoy creating Modur Pulao (Sweetened Kashmiri rice with coconut) recipe with available user-friendly instructions in English Recipes.
| Recommended By Chef
| Tips About Recipe
1) Rice(Basmati, washed) 300 gms
2) Milk 5 cups
3) Sugar 2 cups
4) Saffron (kesar) 2 gm
5) Ghee 5 tbsp
6) Almonds (badaam) 1/2 cup
7) Cashew nuts (kaju) 1/4 cup
8) Currants (sultanas) 50 g
9) Coconut (nariyal), dice 1/4 cup
10) Cinnamon (dalchini) 3
11) Green cardamom 6
12) Black peppercorns 6
13) Bay leaves (tej patta) 2
14) Cloves laung 6
How to make Modur Pulao (Sweetened Kashmiri rice with coconut)
1. Heat the milk in a heavy-bottomed pot.
2. Add rice (drained) and cook on low heat till the milk begins to get absorbed.
3. Remove from heat, keeping the rice a little under done.
4. Transfer the rice to a large flat dish.
5. Add the sugar and mix well gently.
6. Soak the saffron in 1/4 cup hot water for 5 minutes.
7. Heat the ghee in a heavy-bottomed pot.
8. Lightly fry the dry fruits, coconut, cinnamon sticks, green cardamom, black peppercorns, and bay leaves.
9. Add the rice and saffron water. Stir well, gently.
10. Put a flat pan / griddle under the pot and cook covered, on low heat till a pleasant aroma emanates and the rice is done.
11. Serve hot.
Posted By: ~Sani~