Here is the special Punjabi kadhi recipe to enjoy when weather and mood both are awesome. This kadhi is prepared in 3 steps i.e making the kadhi, secondly making pakora and finally making baghar. It is so spicy and delicious. Enjoy it with rice or tandoori naan.
How to Make Punjabi Kadhi (Summarized Method):
- Heat 1/2 cup oil and add 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds.
- When it starts releasing aroma, add 1 tablespoon crushed red chillies, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1
teaspoon salt and then roast well.
- Then beat 1/2 liter buttermilk (chaaj) and 250 grams gram flour together. Add in a dish and cook at low flame
for 30 minutes.
- Now for making fritters (pakore), mix 250 grams gram flour, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon red chilli
powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 chopped onion together and fry in oil in order to make fritters.
- Check if kadhi is ready, add fritters into it.
- Finally, heat oil and fry 6 cloves of garlic, 6 whole chillies, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and 6 curry leaves together. Sprinkle over the kadhi.
- Hot Punjabi Kadhi is ready to serve.
- Enjoy with rice or hot naan.
Kadhi is very popular food all over Pakistan. It is prepared in different regions with slight variations. The one we are discussing here is Punjabi kadhi recipe which is very tasty. It is made with yogurt, chhaj, gram flour, turmeric powder, salt, crushed red chili, fenugreek seeds and some tadka items such as garlic cloves, whole red chilies, curry leaves, oil and cumin seeds.
Find Punjabi kadhi recipe in Urdu by Chef Rida Aftab here. Prepare this delicious curry in the evening time and enjoy in or along dinner.