2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
1/2 cup finely ground blanched Almond
s or Almond
1 cup (2 sticks) unSalt
, very-cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 heaping Tea
spoon brown Sugar
6 to 8 Tbsp. Ice Water
, very cold
1/2 cup golden Corn
syrup (125 ml)
1/3 cup brown Sugar
, packed (75 ml)
1/4 cup melted Butter
, lightly browned (60 ml)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
spoon vanilla extract (5 ml)
Pinch of Salt
1 1/4 cups pecan halves, lightly toasted (310 ml)
How to make Mini Pecan Pie
To make Crust
1. Combine flour, salt and sugar in food processor, pulse to mix.Add butter and pulse 6 – 8 times.Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture begins to clump together.
2. Remove dough from the machine and place in a mound on a clean surface.Gently shape into two disks, don’t over knead.Wrap each disk in cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees C. Remove one crust disk from the refrigerator, and allow to sit in room temperature for 5 – 7 minutes.Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/8 of inch thick, cut dough into smaller sizes to cover the mini tart shells, and carefully place into tart tins.Gently press the dough down so that it lines the tin, and trim the excess dough.
4. Place a piece of parchment in the shell. Fill the shell with pie weights. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the pie weights and paper and continue to bake about 15 minutes until the pastry is golden and set. Cool on a wire rack.
Filling and Assembly
5. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
6. Add the corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk until blended.
7. Arrange pecan halves on the bottom of the cooled and pre-baked pie crust. Pour filling over top. Bake until filling is just set but slightly soft in center, about 30 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before serving.