• 1 kg chawal ka aata (rIce
• 1 table spoon kashmiri mirch powder (red chilly powder).
• 3/4 table spoon Salt
• 1/4 kg akhrot (walnut).
• 1 table spoon zeera (Cumin seeds
• 1/2 table spoon ajwain (Carom seeds
• 1 table spoon hing paani (liquid Asafoetida
• 300 ml mustard Oil
• 1 tawa (chapatti pan).
How to make Kashmiri Rice Snacks
• Boil the walnuts for 1 minute, drain off the water and wash them again in fresh water.
• Add walnuts and salt in lukewarm water and mix them well.
• Now put the flour in a basin, add kashmiri mirch, zeera, hing paani and ajwain and mix properly.
• Knead the flour with the mixture of water, walnut and salt till soft dough is prepared.
• Now pick big chunks (about 200g) of dough and make round between the palms.
• Prepare chapatti about 1/2" thick and 6" diameter and put it on pre heated tawa on full flame.
• Bake on both sides, cool it and tear it into small pieces.
• Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the pieces.
• Serve the snack with tea (kashmiri tea, preferably).