Fish biryani recipe (فش بریانی) is one of the most delicious delicacies that exist in the Indian subcontinent. If you think that biryani can only be made meat such as chicken or mutton then you’re in for a yummy surprise! You can combine the goodness of biryani with the healthiness of fish to result in a savory dish Fish biryani recipe which you won’t be able to get enough of. However, if you want something like a southern biryani touch to the recipe, you can use a few teaspoons of turmeric water and some curry leaves to your taste.
Fish Biryani recipe is ideally served for brunches, parties, picnics, festivals, and celebrations. It is a complete meal in itself and goes well with any raita or salad of your choice. Then again, it is always best to try non-dairy chutneys as well. Do try out this super-easy biryani recipe and flaunt your culinary skills!
Fish Biryani Recipe (Translated in English)
- Fish Chunks: 1 kg
- Rice: 1 kg
- Salt: as per taste
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 tbsp
- Onions: 2 medium
- Tomato: 3 medium
- Red Pepper Powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds: a few
- Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 1/2 cup
Method for fish biryani recipe:
- First heat oil for 2-3 minutes in a saucepan.
- Add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies and cook.
- Add onions until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic and tomatoes and roast until tender and oil is separated.
- Add salt, red pepper, turmeric and green coriander, add little water and cook bit more.
- Then add fish chunks, cook for 3-4 minutes and separate fish carefully.
- Add rice to the spice mixture and cook more for some time.
- Cover the pan and cook until it is dried.
- Place fish chunks and cook for 5 to 7 minutes pan covered (dam pe rakh den).
- Pick all fish chunks one by one and put in a tray separately.
- Now dish out biryani, place fish and serve hot.
View machli or fish biryani recipe in Urdu on the Method tab above
Fish Biryani Recipe in English