Chawal ki Kheer
Chawal ki kheer is basically rice pudding which is made when rice are slowly cooked in milk reducing the milk to half and has a mild flavor of cardamom and saffron. It is easy to make but the proportions of rice and milk and sugar must be accurate to get the perfect texture and taste. Chawal ki kheer recipe is served with puri and also eaten with spoon. Its cooking time is approx an hour. Kheer is decorated with nuts and saffron which gives it a beautiful and tempting look. Chawal ki Kheer recipe in Urdu is posted online for the assistance of housewives. It’s one of the most popular and traditional dishes of subcontinent. It is one of the most common dishes of Pakistan and made on every special occasions and festivals.
Rice Kheer Recipe in Urdu:
- Rice: 1/3 cup
- Milk: 1.5 liter
- Sugar: as per taste
- Ground Cardamom: 3 pcs
- Crushed Coconut: couple of pinches
- Wash broken rice and soak for 2 to 3 hours.
- Rub rice with your palms in a grinding motion to make rice softer and broken bit more.
- Tenderize rice in same water.
- Remove from stove and add milk.
- Stir and cook. Add sugar when it gets thick. Add cardamom.
- Add coconut.
- Remove from heat as sugar water is dried.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Kheer can also be made without boiling rice. Do not increase flame and add more milk than water.