|Wash black chickpeas, add 1 tsp baking soda and soak in
Next morning, discard the water and wash chickpeas again.
|Mix water, garlic, red pepper, turmeric powder, and salt in a
Fry onions in pan until golden brown.|
Once onions turn brown, pour the spice mixture and roast for a while.|
When water evaporates and spices become dry, add yogurt and mix well.|
Now roast well again.
Add black chickpeas and mix well. Add enough water to tenderize chickpeas.|
Once chickpeas are tender and there is about 1/2 cup of water in the pot, |
add black pepper, vinegar, green chillies and thinly sliced ginger.
Mix well and cook on steam for 5 minutes (pan covered).
Once water is fully dried, spicy kala chana are ready to serve.|
How to Make Kala Chana Recipe (in English)
- Black Chickpeas: 1/2 kg
- Yogurt: 1-1/2 cup
- Thin Sliced Onions: 2 pcs
- Oil: 1/2 cup
- Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- Julienne Ginger: 1-1/2 tbsp
- Red Pepper: 1-1/2 tbsp
- Green Chillies: 2-3 pcs
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Black Pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar: 1 tbsp
- Baking Soda (Meetha Soda): 1 tsp
- Water: as required
- Green Coriander: 1 tbsp
- Gather water, garlic, red pepper, turmeric and salt in a bowl and mix
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions until they turn light brown in color.
- Once onions are brown, add mixture of spices and roast well.
- Once spices water is dried, add yogurt and mix well.
- Once yogurt is permeated in the mixture well, roast for a while; add
black chickpeas and mix well.
- Add certain amount of water so that chickpeas may tenderize and water is
evaporated as well.
- Once chickpeas are tenderized and water remains to 1/2 cup, add black
pepper, vinegar, green chillies and julienne ginger, mix well.
- Steam-cook for 5 minutes (dam).
- Once water is dried completely, spicy black chickpeas are ready.
- Serve hot at iftar time and enjoy with family.
Wash chickpeas and soak for whole night in a water with 1 tsp baking soda. At
the time of cooking, drain the water and wash chickpeas again.
Kalay chanay is a prime dish of iftar table. It is a must-eat dish in Ramadan ul Mubarak and that's why many women make it regularly in the holy month.
Go for black chickpeas recipe, dry kala chana, black chana salan or black chana curry, options are many and also the benefits for health.
Main ingredients in black chana chaat are yogurt, turmeric, garlic paste, vinegar and red and green chilies. Get the whole procedure below and enjoy a wonderful spicy dish today.
Our today's topic is recipe of kala chana chaat (dry). Kalay chanay or black chickpeas come with wide application in household cooking. It can be served in evening, iftar, post-dinner before going for a walk or in afternoon. Sometimes overnight-soaked black chickpeas are also eaten on empty stomach in the morning.
Let's start the spicy kala chana recipe (dry).
Read Blog about
Kala Chana Recipe (Black Chickpeas Chaat)
and health & fitness, step by step recipes, Beauty & skin care and other related topics with sample homemade solution. Here is variety of health benefits, home-based natural remedies. Find (Kala Chana Recipe (Black Chickpeas Chaat)) and how to utilize other natural ingredients to cure diseases, easy recipes, and other information related to food from KFoods.