|Add onion, green chillies, salt, red pepper, white cumin, green coriander, mint leaves and poppy seeds to chicken mince, chop to fine mince.|
|Remove from chopper, shape round kofta balls and deep fry.|
|Remove kofta from wok once they turn golden brown in color.|
|Heat oil in a clay handi, add onion paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.|
|Add tomato paste, green chillies paste and ginger garlic paste and fry.|
|Once you see a layer of oil, add remaining spices, red pepper, turmeric, white cumin, all spice powder, ground nutmeg and mace |
and star anise and roast until you smell aroma of spices.
|Add meatballs, then add 1/2 cup water and roast for five minutes.|
|Add desired level of water and mix.|
|Delicious masala kofta handi is ready.|
How to Make Kofta Handi Recipe (in English)
- Chicken Mincemeat: 1/2 kg
- Gram Flour: 2 tbsp
- Onion: 1 piece
- Green Chillies: 2 pcs
- Salt: as per taste
- Red Pepper Powder: 1/2 tsp
- White Cumin: 1 tsp
- Green Coriander: 2 tbsp
- Mint Leaves: 2 tbsp
- Poppy Seeds: 1 tbsp
- Oil: for frying
- Onion Paste: 1 cup
- Tomato Paste: 1/4 cup
- Green Chillies Paste: 3 tbsp
- Turmeric: 1 tsp
- Red Pepper Powder: 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- White Cumin: 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder: 1 tbsp
- All Spice Powder: 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg: 1/4 tsp
- Mace: 1/4 tsp
- Star Anise: 1 piece
- Oil: 1/2 cup
| Making Meatballs:|
- Add onions, green chillies, salt, gram flour, ground red pepper, white cumin, green coriander, mint leaves, poppy seeds with
minced chicken into a food chopper. Grind finely.
- Grind chicken mince until it becomes utter soft.
- Remove mince from chopper, make round meatballs and deep fry.
- Once they turn golden brown in color, remove from wok.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in clay handi, add onion paste and fry.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes and add ginger garlic paste, green chillies paste and tomato paste and fry again.
- Once spices are fried well and oil appears, add all remaining spices and roast well.
- Once spices release aroma, add meatballs and then 1/2 cup water. Roast for 5 more minutes.
- Now add water as much you want the gravy or if you want spiced meatballs, add 1/2 cup water, coriander leaves and julienne
ginger and steam-cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Delicious masala kofta handi is ready.
Beef or mutton mincemeat can also be used instead of chicken.
If you don't like more gravy, and want spiced handi, just add 1/2 cup water and cook on steam (dam).