|Heat oil in frying pan. Add cardamoms and heat until it crackles.|
|Add gram flour; roast well.|
|Once gram flour releases aroma, add sugar and mix well.|
|Add milk slowly and keep moving spoon.|
|Once roasted well, and halwa becomes unstuck, remove from the stove.|
|Grease halwa pot with oil.|
|Add halwa and spread across the pan.|
|Add almonds and walnuts.|
|Make cuts on halwa with knife.|
|Dish out and serve when cool.|
How to Make Gram Flour Halwa
- Gram Flour: 1 cup
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Ghee: 1/2 cup
- Green Cardamom: 2-3 pcs
- Milk: 1 cup
- Almonds & Pistachios: as you like
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan, add green cardamom pods once ghee becomes heated.
- As cardamom starts crackling, add gram flour and roast well.
- Once roasted well and gram flour leaves aroma, add sugar and mix well.
After mixing, add milk gradually and keep moving spoon.
- Once gram flour and milk are blended together, and becomes unstuck to the pan, roast well.
- Once oil starts floating, remove from stove, and place in a tray.
- Now take a pot for halwa, grease it with oil and spread halwa across the pan.
- Garnish with pistachio and almonds.
- Cut into pieces so that after it is cooled, you could easily remove them and eat.
- Tasty gram flour halwa recipe is ready to serve. Enjoy with family or serve to guests.
What is Besan Halwa:
Besan halwa is a nice dessert with beautiful appealing aroma. Besan or Gram flour halwa is a festive sweet of Pakistan and India. Cooked tradionally on Shabe Barat and Quran Khwani, besan ka halwa is cooked all across Pakistan. In India, it is prepared on various religious and festive occasions.
The best thing about gram flour halwa is that it requires least number of ingredients that are besan (gram flour), sugar, milk and ghee. Additionally you can add cardamom and pistachio/almonds for added delight. While making besan halwa, continously coming flavory aroma kept me restless toward the delish of tasteful besan halwa. And this will be the case with you as well.
Ghee, pistachios, almonds, cardamoms and gram flour, as all these combine into this sweetmeat, we get the most delicious halwa to enjoy. I have though explained besan ka halwa recipe with step by step instructions, find it in brief words below:
How to Cook Besan Halwa Recipe
In order to make besan ka halwa, first ghee is heated in wok, then cardamom pods are added and heated until crackled. Next step is to add and roast gram flour. Once gram flour releases aroma, sugar is added and mixed thoroughly. Milk is then added gradually, while continuously stirring. Once gram flour and milk are merged and gram flour begins repelling the pan, you need to roast it well. Once oil appears, remove in a greased platter and cool until solidified. Then sprinkle garnishing items like pistachio, almonds and walnuts and cut into thin pieces.
That's all and you're ready to go.
See More Besan Halwa Recipes:
Besan Halwa Recipe by Zarnak Sidhwa
Besan Ka Halwa Recipe by Shireen Anwar