| Recommended By Chef
| Tips About Recipe
Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs: approx 1 lb, cut into bite sized pieces
Black Pepper Powder: as per taste
Basmati Rice: 1 cup (washed, soaked for 1 hour and then drained)
Ghee (Clarified Butter): 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
Cinnamon Stick: 1.5 inch piece
Bay Leaf: 1 no.
Black Cardamom: 1 no.
Green Cardamom: 2 pcs
Cloves: 4 pcs
Onions: 1 cup (chopped)
Garlic: 1.5 tbsp (minced)
Ginger: 1.5 tbsp (minced)
Green Chillies: 2 to 3 or to taste (slit lengthwise)
Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
Coriander Powder: 2 tsp
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder (optional): to taste
Yogurt: 1/4 cup
Water: 1-3/4 cup
Cilantro or Coriander Leaves: 10 sprigs, chopped (divided)
Salt: as per taste
Lime Juice: as you like
How to make Simple Chicken Pulao
1. Add salt and black pepper on chicken pieces and mix well.
2. In an air-tight pan, heat 1 tablespoon ghee on medium flame.
3. Add cumin seeds to the pan and let them crackle.
4. Add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, black cardamom, green cardamom and cloves. Saute for half a minute.
5. Add minced ginger, minced garlic and slit green chillies. Mix well and cook for around 1 minute.
6. Add onions and little salt. Mix well and cook onions become translucent and a bit caramelized.
7. Add all dried spice powders and mix well.
8. Add chicken pices and keep tossing until all pieces turn white colored from outside.
9. Reduce flame to low and add chopped cilantro or coriander (5 sprigs) and yogurt and mix them well. Now increase the flame to medium and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes until chicken is white from inside when cut.
10. Add in the rice and mix well.
11. Add water and per taste salt; bring it to boil.
12. Now reduce the heat to simmer, cover pan and cook for 15 minutes (undisturbed).
13. Turn the stove off, uncover pan and fluff rice gently.
14. Add remaining 5 sprigs of chopped cilantro and cover the pan. Let pulao rest for 10 minutes.
15. Chicken pulao is ready to serve.
16. Dish out and enjoy with raita and pickle.
1. Use leftover chicken curry and make pulao with it.
Posted By: nighatwasim88
It looks very delicious, I already love to eat different kinds of pulao and today I saw this recipe. It uses so many ingredients that I thought that it must be very delicious and superb. So I will enjoy this pualo. Thanks.
pulao recipes are more beautiful than biryani recipes. Pulaos use cardamom and yakhni which makes it more fragrant. Chicken pulao is the best one, so I have been making it various times. However I will make it for the first time using a recipe.
yes i will make this chicken pulao and i hope it will give me a wondrous meal for all my family. It is easy to make and so everyone can make it without having past experience. Like me, I have no significant experience about cooking foods however I have just once read the recipe and I have understood whole the method.
nice pulao , it looks very tasteful in the picture and it must be in eating as well. I would try this myself. My wife is already very tired in making foods and performing household chores . As I have some idea about cooking, I would try to make it myself for whole family. It will be a surprise for my family.
pulau is very tasty. I don't know about pilaf but tell me is it the same thing or is it some other recipe? pilaf, pulao, pulau , i think these are the same things same like kabab and kebab and kabob. I think it is accent of speaking which differs in talking and spelling.