Pasanda curry is a highly rich and tasteful pasanda recipe. Instead of cooking simple pasanday, this recipe offers cooking curry with mutton or beef pasanda. Ingredients used in the recipe make it a very special dish.
| Recommended By Chef
| 2 hours To Prep
| 0:30 To Cook
| 8 Servings
| Tips About Recipe
How to make Pasanda Curry
Cover the tamarind with hot water for 5 minutes, then squeeze out the juice.
Grind the onion, ginger and garlic to a paste and mix into the tamarind, along with the mutton, cumin, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and chilli powder.
Set aside for 1 hour.
Thread the meat on skewers and roast over an open fire, basting frequently with ghee till the mutton is tender, and a rich brown in color.
Remove from skewers and place in a serving plate.
To prepare the curry, heat 4 tblsps of ghee and add the turmeric, tomatoes, curd, garam masala and salt.
Cook till the ghee floats to the top.
Add coconut milk and cook over slow fire till the curry turns thick.
Now pour over the prepared mutton.
Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
How to Make Pasanda Curry (Summarized Method):
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 5 minutes and then wring out to get tamarind juice.
- Now grind ginger, garlic and onions to form a paste and mix it with tamarind, with mutton, cumin seeds, coriander powder, all-spice powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Leave it for one hour for marination.
- Now place the meat on skewers and cook on open fire flame. Keep basting with ghee until mutton becomes tender and brown in color.
- Once fully cooked, remove meat from the skewers.
- In order to prepare the curry, first heat 4 tablespoon ghee, add turmeric, tomatoes, curd, all-spice powder and salt.
- Cook until ghee comes on top.
- Now put coconut milk and cook on low flame till curry becomes dense and thick.
- Pour the curry over the meat.
- Hot delicious pasanda curry is ready to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
We all prepared pasanda curry recipe last weekend and enjoyed it a lot. It was so delicious that i decided to repeat it again. this time, i would make it alone however i will keep making mughlai recipes regularly with my friends.
- Mehmood, sahiwal
- Mar 08, 2017
Pasanday is my favorite dish and I enjoy eating it a lot. I have cooked pasanday a couple of times but I can't get the taste as my mom makes. Should try this recipe , may be it gets the same taste as my mom. Hope it.
- Sarwat Niaz, Sukkur
- Oct 25, 2016
I got prepared pasanday especially while meat preparation on Eid day. But still I could not cook. First I cooked couple of meat dishes, then barbecue but then we got fed up with meat and started cooking vegetables and lentils. Now I am looking for meat recipes again. Considering this pasanda curry for today.
- Maria Jaffer, Lahore
- Oct 18, 2016