| Recommended By Chef
| 0:25 To Prep
| 0:30 To Cook
| 4 Servings
| Tips About Recipe
Lamb: 1/2 kg (boneless, cut into thick pieces) Onions
: 2 pcs (large)
Green Chilies: 6 pcs or as per taste Coriander
Leaves: 1 bunch chopped
Bark: 1/2 inch stick
s: 8 pcs Cloves
: 6 pcs (long) Coriander
Seeds: 1 tablespoon
Cumin Seeds: 1 tablespoon Salt
: as per taste
Plain Yogurt: 250 grams
or Cooking Oil
: 6 tablespoon
1. Grind one onion (cut into 4 pieces), chilies, garlic, salt, black pepper, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves and coriander seeds in a food processor. Grind until it forms a thick paste.
2. Cut the other onion into rings and fry in oil or butter until they become golden in color. Take fried onions out of the pan.
3. Put onion paste into same oil. Stir fry the paste for 10 minutes (until butter/oil is separated).
4. Now add meat and yogurt to the pan and saute for 10 minutes.
5. Add 1/2 liter hot water and let it boil.
6. Once water is boiled, lower the flame and let it simmer covered until meat is tenderized.
7. Then add fried onions, coriander leaves and simmer on low flame for 5 minutes with pan covered.
8. Delicious lamb pasanda is ready. Serve and enjoy with your family.
Lamb pasanda is the most followed pasanda recipe as pasanda was first time made using lamb meat. The dish is very popular in Pakistan and India. It is a form of lamb curry which is thick and juicy. Made with the best cuts of the meat, it delivers an unforgettable taste.
Making a lamb pasanda involves cutting meat, flattening and soaked in a mixture of yogurt and chili spice mixture. After the marination, it is fried for around half hour along other spices of the recipe. Served with boiled white rice or a desi style naan.
Women are usually unaware of options for cooking with lamb meat. They make common meat gravy like they cook with mutton or beef.
Pasanda Curry Recipe
So keep this lamb pasanda recipe and cook with qurbani meat at Eid ul Adha this time.
I have now learned lamb pasanda recipe and I will also learn other beef & mutton recipes to become a mature cook in my home. My mom now tells me to cook foods as now I am getting older.
- Laila, sahiwal
- Mar 08, 2017
I wish someday I could eat lamb meat but I have heard that it contains high amount of fats . But still i want to check it's taste that's why I have utter desire to eat it . I will check in the restaurants for lamb dishes and try to first dine out and if any restaurant not found, i would be enjoying it at home.
- Qazi Saleem, Rawalpindi
- Aug 23, 2016
I am too much fond of eating lamb meat. And I have heard a lot about restaurants at Sohrab Goth . They offer very tasty lamb food and are not very expensive too. They offer lamb boti, and roast with qahwa , it is all very delicious.
- Nazar Hussain, Karachi
- Aug 18, 2016
I usually eat pasanday but it is beef pasanday not lamb pasanday, its and expensive dish and energetic too. i love this dish so i will make it at any cost , i hope, meat could be Rs. 800 / kg in karachi.
- Nazir, karachi
- Aug 16, 2016
We have to use both coriander leaves and seeds as mentioned in the recipe? ok, till now I have assumed that I would use both for making these pasanday. It is very good dish , we have made goat pasanday couple of times they are very tasteful but making this with lamb for the first time.
- Munir Zareef, Hyderabad
- Aug 10, 2016