| Recommended By Chef
| 0:15 To Prep
| 0:45 To Cook
| 5 Servings
| Tips About Recipe
500 grams minced meat
1 medium-sized onion
2 piece Ginger
500 grams rIce
8 tblsps Ghee
250 grams curd
2 piece Cinnamon stick (broken into bits)
2 large Cardamoms
2 bay leaves (crumpled)
a few peppercorns
a few drops yellow food coloring
Salt to taste
250 grams green peas (shelled)
1/2 tsp Saffron Essence
a handful of fresh rose petals
2 rings canned pineApple (dIced)
2 hard-bOiled eggs (shelled and quartered)
a few Pistachios (fried and chopped coarse)
How to make Nargisi Kofta Pullao
1) To prepare the koftas, grind minced meat to a paste, along with the onion, ginger, coriander, mint and chillies.
2) Mix in the cream, 1 tablespoon of ghee, salt and garam masala and knead to a smooth mixture.
3) Grind the almonds, pistachios, cashew-nuts, walnuts and saffron strands to a very smooth paste.
4) Form the meat mixture into balls, each around a little of the nut paste.
5) Now heat 4 tablespoons of ghee and mix in the curd (blended with a large cup of water) and bring to a boil.
6) Reduce the heat and immerse the meat balls carefully.
7) Cook over slow fire till all the moisture is absorbed and the koftas are completely cooked.
8) Remove from fire and cool.
9) Now separate the balls from the gravy, and cover them with foil.
10) Heat another 4 tablespoons of ghee in a separate vessel and add the whole spices, then the rice, and fry for 5 minutes.
11) Pour in the gravy (kept aside earlier), along with enough water to stand an inch above the level of the rice.
12) Mix in the color and salt.
13) Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook over a slow fire till the rice is half tender.
14) Mix in the peas and continue cooking till the rice is completely tender and dry.
15) Remove from fire, mix in the essence, and arrange in a serving dish.
16) Now stir in the koftas, rose petals and pineapple.
17) Garnish with eggs and sprinkle pistachios all over.