Kanguchi Pulao (Mushroom pulao)
Find easy and simple Kanguchi Pulao (Mushroom pulao) Recipe with a fusion of traditional and contemporary flavors. Kanguchi Pulao (Mushroom pulao) is a common dish to find in Rice Recipes category. Enhance your cooking journey and enjoy creating Kanguchi Pulao (Mushroom pulao) recipe with available user-friendly instructions in English Recipes.
| Recommended By Chef
| Tips About Recipe
1) Rice(washed, soaked in water) 1 1/2 cups
2) Black mushrooms (guchhi) 100 g
3) Ghee 5 tbsp
4) Cloves (hung) 6
5) Black cardamom (badi elaichi) 4
6) Green cardamom (choti elaichi) 6
7) Cinnamon (dalchini), 1"" sticks 3
8) Bay leaves (tej patta) 3
9) Almonds (badaam), blanched 5 tbsp
10) Asafoetida (hing) a pinch
11) Salt to taste
12) Water 3 cup
13) Ginger powder (sonth) 1 tsp
14) Saffron (kesar) 2 pinches
15) Garam masala 1 tsp
How to make Kanguchi Pulao (Mushroom pulao)
1. Slit the mushrooms lengthwise and wash well.
2. Heat the ghee in a heavy-bottomed pot, add cloves, black and green cardamom, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, and almonds.
3. Stir for a few seconds, then add the mushrooms.
4. Add asafoetida and salt, saute for 1 minute, and then add:the rice (drained).
5. Stir gently, add 3 cups water and bring to the boil.
6. Add ginger powder. Mix the saffron in 2 tsp of hot water and crush with a spoon.
7. Add to the rice mixture, cook covered for 15 minutes.
8. When the water is almost absorbed, transfer the pot over an electric hot plate or a griddle (tawa) and cook covered on low heat till the rice is done.
9. Sprinkle garam masala before serving.
Posted By: ~Sani~