Firni or phirni recipe is a traditional Pakistani dessert. Made with badam, rice and milk, phirni is one of the most favorite sweets dishes in Pakistan. Firni is a special Eid ul Fitr dish. It is prepared religiously in Pakistan on Eid day and other occasions.
1. Store the rice soaked in water for several hours; then drain the water and grind the rice into paste.
2. Boil the milk in a non sticking pan. When it comes to the boiling point, reduce the flame to simmer.
3. On moderate low heat, add sugar, rice and cardamom to milk and keep stirring with ladle until it gets thick.
4. Remove the pan from the stove and add almonds. Now put the phirni in the serving bowl and let it's temperature gets down to the room temperature.
5. Place the bowl in the fridge for chilling.
6. Sweet Badam Phirni is ready. Now garnish it with silver foil (varak) and serve to eat.
Phirni is a famous Pakistani sweet dessert. There are dozens of different recipes for making phirni sweet such as phirni with rice and without rice. The recipe KFoods.com offers here is made using rice, almonds, milk and sugar. You can call it badam or almonds phirni and also rice phirni.
Often in wedding parties, you would have enjoyed the phirni sweet after the main meal serving. It is a traditional sweet of Pakistan and some parts of India. Phirni is garnished with chandi varak to make it more beautiful and attractive. It is counted in one of the quick easy desserts in Pakistani and Indian cuisines.
See how to make phirni step by step
Posted By: jasmeen, Lahore
We are shortlisting the dishes to make on Eid day. Phirni, kheer, seviyan and sheer khurma are the final ones. Thinking if I should buy sweets myself or make at home..
- Nida, Karachi
- Jun 16, 2017
I brought half kg of almonds to enjoy different sharbat and kheer in summers. And we have already made a cooling badam sharbat, now we shall make phirni and some other things.
- Sumair, Islamabad
- Jun 06, 2017
It was really a great experience to make it at home by myself. All the family members enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for such a wonderful and amazing recipe. Thanks a lot
- Zarnab, Karachi
- Apr 15, 2017
I made this for one of the family get together arranged at my home as a sweet dish. All of my family members said that it is more tasty then our imagination. And credit goes to you only.
- Abeera, Mardan
- Apr 07, 2017
I made this badam phirni for my younger sister as she is very fond of sweets. She was so happy and said that this one is really very much different from all the other sweets she ever has eaten.
- Bakhtawar, Dhaka
- Apr 04, 2017