Remedy 1 |
Rice flour is an excellent fix up for footwear bites especially for scars. You can use it to scrub the place and it will remove the dead cells.
- Make a thick paste of rice flour with water.
- Rub the place gently with this paste and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat thrice in a week.
Remedy 2 |
Relieve the pain using ice pack. It would soothe the bite place and gradually remove the pain.
- Prepare a homemade ice pack yourself. Gather some cubes in a small towel or washcloth and apply on the point.
- Place it for at least 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, place your foot below a cold water tap.
- You can practice any of these methods several times a day.
Remedy 3 |
Toothpaste can do wonders when it comes to shoe bites blisters. Toothpastes contain baking soda, H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) and menthol which helps dry blisters fast. Toothpastes also reduce irritation and pain.
- Dab a little amount of toothpaste on the bite place and let it sit for 2 hours.
- Then clean it with a clean wet cloth.
- Then apply petroleum jelly.
- Repeat once everyday.
- Do not apply gel-based toothpastes for this purpose.
Remedy 4 |
Lemon is a natural anti-septic; it has soothing properties for itching and irritation. It also prevents scars on the feet
that can be caused by wearing tight shoes.
- Dip some cotton in lemon juice and place on the affected area.
- Wash with warm water when dried.
- Do this two times a day.
Remedy 5 |
Honey is a natural healer. It is an excellent cure for footwear bites too. It diminishes pain, lessens the inflammation and bruising. Always try to use raw and pure honey.
- Add honey to sesame oil (1/2 tsp of both).
- Apply on the bite area and wait until it dries.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it two times a day.
- If you don't have sesame oil, use just honey thrice in the day.
Shoe bite is annoying and irritating. It mucks up the excitement of wearing your newly bought shoes. Usually, shoe bites take place due to wearing new or very tight shoes.
A new shoe may take some time to be adjusted according to the feet size; wearing such shoes hurt the skin badly. Putting the foot in them makes it messing with the inner wall and corners, causing friction opposite to the skin leading the foot toward inflammation, swelling, scar and so on. Severe forms of shoes bites can also cause blisters on the foot.
Problem is seen more in women. Women wear tight sandals, high heels, and different kind of fancy footwear which enhances the chance of getting footwear bites in them.
Here are top 5 shoe bite treatments that you can do at home. Explore these simple solutions to shoes bites brought to you by KFoods.com.