|Wash lentil and boil.
|Heat oil in pan, fry onions till brown.|
Add ginger garlic paste, cumin and tomato and roast well.|
|Once tomatoes are soft, add salt, red chillies, turmeric
powder and all-spice powder and roast for 2 minutes.|
Add lentil and roast.|
Add half cup water and steam-cook (dam) for 10 minutes at low heat.|
Heat 1/4 cup butter and 2 tbsp oil in pan.|
Add thin chopped ginger, green chillies and cumin and fry.|
Dish out, add baghar and serve.|
Masala Dal Fry Recipe (English)
- Split Gram Lentil: 250 grams
- Onion (Browned): 1/2 cup
- Tomato: 3 pcs
- Tomato Puree: 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic: 1 tbsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Red Chillies: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
- White Cumin Seeds: 1 tbsp
- All Spice Powder: 1 tbsp
- Butter: 1/2 cup
- Ginger: 1 inch stick
- Cumin Seeds: 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies: 6 pcs
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Boil lentil.
- Fry onions in a pot in 1/4 cup oil, until brown.
- Once brown, add ginger garlic, white cumin, tomato (or tomato puree) and
- Add salt, red chillies, turmeric, all-spice powder and roast well.
- Then add lentil and roast and then add 1/2 cup water.
- Steam-cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
How to Make Baghar:
- Add 2 tbsp oil in 1/2 cup butter and add thin chopped ginger, green
chillies and cumin and fry well.
- Pour on dal and serve hot.
- Delicious Masala Dal Fry Recipe is ready. Enjoy with hot nan or chapati.
Masala Dal Fry Recipe - Having enjoyed masala dal is a true Pakistani passion and so KFoods.com is offering here complete recipe for preparing a delectable fried dal. Learn how to make masala dal fry with step by step recipe with visual instructions in Urdu and English.
Following this recipe will lead you to a delicious food to enjoy. Better eat it with tandoori roti to ensure dal fry dhaba style. Wherever you go in Pakistan, you would find this delish at dhaba hotels. Guys at inter-cities drives love eating chana daal fry at dhaba restaurants than eating BBQ or meat dish.
There are different variations of fried chana dal. Including Pakistani, Indian, Bombay and Punjabi dal fry, there are lots of types of fried daal. Each of the type differs slightly in spices and ingredients. However, the common spices used are butter, Bengal split gram, turmeric, ginger, cumin, white cumin, salt, tomato, brown onions and red chilies.
Let's begin the recipe of masala dal recipe and enjoy dhaba taste at home.