|Whisk castor sugar and eggs together.
|Add maida flour and fold with a wooden or rubber spatula.|
|Add lemon essence and yellow food coloring and mix.|
Grease baking tray with oil, place butter paper and spread the mixture across
the tray. Make even.|
Heat oven one hour before baking at 250c to 300c. Bake the cake mixture for 15
to 20 minutes.|
Remove cake, let it cool and revert on another butter paper.|
Pour lemon curd and spread along the cake.|
Roll cake with butter paper and place in freezer for 20 minutes.|
Remove from freezer and cut into small pieces like pinwheel.|
Serve in paper cup or plate.|
Add butter, castor sugar and lemon juice to frying pan, heat at medium heat.|
Once butter is melted, remove from stove and add beaten egg yolks. Mix well.|
Add yellow food coloring and mix. Cook and mix until thick.|
Lemon Curd is Ready.
How to Make Swiss Roll Cake
- Eggs: 3
- Maida Flour: 6 tbsp
- Castor Sugar: 6 tbsp
- Lemon Essence: 1 tsp
- Yellow Food Coloring: 1/4 tsp
- Butter Paper: 2 sheets
Lemon Curd Ingredients:
- Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp
- Egg Yolk: 2
- Butter: 2 tbsp
- Castor Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Yellow Food Coloring: as required
- Beat castor sugar and eggs in a bowl together.
- Add maida flour and fold with a rubber spatula (Folding is a technique
of mixing ingredients).
- Now put lemon essence and yellow food coloring (zarda) and mix well.
- Grease baking tray with some oil, spread butter paper and place the
mixture across the tray. Spread and make smooth.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour at 250c to 300c for 15 to 20
- Once baked, remove and cool down at room temperature; transfer on
another butter paper.
- Pour and spread the lemon curd all over the cake.
- Roll whole cake with butter paper sheet and place in freezer for 20
- Once frozen, remove from freezer and cut into small pieces.
Delicious Swiss roll cake is ready.
- Serve in a tray or paper cups.
How to Make Lemon Curd:
- Add butter, castor sugar and lemon juice to pan and heat at medium
- Once butter is melted, remove from stove and add beaten egg yolks. Mix
- Add yellow food coloring and mix.
- Place on stove again and cook until thick.
- Lemon curd is ready.
Let us know your feedback about
Swiss Roll Cake Recipe in Urdu & English
in the comment box below.
Today we are going to learn recipe of Swiss roll cake at home. Chef Naushaba's step by step guide would be helping us for this.
Swiss cake roll is prepared in two steps. First is making the cake and second is making lemon curd which is packed inside the cake roll. Both steps are well defined with pictorial steps in Urdu and English.
Swiss cake is actually an evening snack for kids. They love it's aroma, it's good taste and soft texture. If you want your kids eat homemade snacks, then making Swiss rolls at home is the best option for you.
Let's see how to make Swiss roll cake.