Iranian haleem or Persian haleem recipe is one of the famous haleem dishes from Iranian cuisine. It uses turkey meat with bulgur, onions, cinnamon and water. Let's see how to make Irani haleem and enjoy a unique taste of this Iranian dish.
| Recommended By Chef
| 0:15 To Prep
| 3:00 To Cook
| 5 Servings
| Tips About Recipe
1 liter Water
1 lb turkey breast (skinless)
1 large onion (slIce
1/2 lb bulgur Cinnamon
How to make Iranian Haleem
1. Place turkey, onion and salt in a pot. Lower heat and cook until turkey is cooked (about 1 hour). If juices evaporate before turkey is done, add 1/4 cup water. When turkey is cooked, remove from the pot and mash with a potato masher.
2. Add water to the bulgur to barely cover it (1 litre is enough), then bring to a boil.
3. Stir occasionally, to prevent the formation of a crust on the bottom of the pan.
4. In a food processor, mash bulgur into a soft paste and set aside.
5. Return turkey and bulgur to the pot, mix well and cook over low heat for 2 hours. Then add butter, sugar and sesame.
6. Serve it in a bowl, sprinkled with cinnamon.
Something different but gradually the same taste like Iranian haleem recipe is like a dream come true for food addicts like me. I loved it when I first made this recipe called Iranian haleem from this website. It was extremely delicious and different.
- Bahadur Alam, larkana
- Jun 14, 2018
I didn’t think Iranian haleem was haleem at first. But after proper reading, it really is haleem and wow the picture makes me want to try this delicious-looking Iranian haleem recipe. Can’t wait to try it!
- Sarmad, lahore
- Jun 12, 2018
My family is from Iran so we get so eat a lot of Iranian food like Iranian haleem and I wanted to surprise my mother this Eid by making Iranian haleem recipe on my own. Thank you for sharing.
- muneeba mushtaq, karachi
- Jun 06, 2018
Iranian haleem is a bit different with regular haleem recipes. I have tried many haleem recipes and so far I liked Hyderabadi Haleem because of it's marvelous taste. I think I should also try this Irani haleem to check its taste.
- Sameena, Toba Taik Singh
- Oct 11, 2017
I like iranian haleem and other dal recipes because they are so tasty that if you eat it once, you would not forget its taste. You would keep asking for more.
- Kania, Rawalpindi
- Mar 08, 2017