- Beeswax (Shehed Ke Chatte Ka Mom): 15 grams bar
- Extra-virgin coconut oil (Nairyal Ka Tel): 2 tablespoons
- Castor oil (Arandi Ka Tel): 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Raw Honey (Khaam Shehed): 1 tablespoon
- Peppermint Oil (Podinay Ka Tel): 4 to 5 drops
- Grater or Knife (Kaddu Kash ya Churri)
- Mixing Spoon (Mix Karne Ke Liye Chamcha)
- A Large Bowl
- Container for Lip Balm
Take a 15 gram bar of beeswax, chop it with grater or knife and put in the bowl.
(Taqriban 15 gram shehed ke mom ki tikiya len, ise kaddu kash ya churri se tukre tukre kar ke ek piyale me dal den)
Now put extra virgin coconut oil into the bowl.
(Ab nariyal ka tel shamil kar den)
Add castor oil in the mixing bowl.
(Castor oil (arandi ka tel) shamil kar den)
Melt the mixture in microwave or in double boiler.
(sab cheezo ko achi tarha mix kar ke microwave ya double boiler me pighla len)
Now add raw honey.
(Ab kham shehed shamil karen)
Now put 4 to 5 drops of pepperment oil. If it is not available, you can use other essential oils.
(4 se 5 qatre podinay ka tel shamil kar den. Agar podinay ka tel na ho to koi or essential oil (nabatati tel jo podon se hasil kiye jate hain) bhi use kar sakte hain)
All ingredients have been added. Mix them all well and start transfering it into lip balm containers. Do it fast as it can become cool and hard.
(Ab pighle huwe mixture ko containers me muntaqil kar den. Is amal ko jald se jald karen takey ye mehlool thanda ho kar jam na jae)
Your DIY Lip Balm is Ready to Use
Inaugurate your homemade lip balm by applying it on your lips :).
(Ab ap apne ghar pe banae huwe lip balm istamal kar sakte hain)
This recipe makes the lip balm for around 5 standard containers, the container in which it is available in the markets. Keep it in a cool place. Normal room temperature is ok to store it. This DIY lip balm may last for at least 5 to 6 months.
- Amount of beeswax and coconut oil can be adjusted. If you want the balm not very hard, use more amount of coconut oil and if you want it to be harder, increase the amount of beeswax and use less amount of coconut oil.
- While transfering balm into containers or tubes, use a dropper to save it from spilling.
- If you don't have a microwave oven, you can use a double boiler instead. A double boiled can be made as follows:
- Fill a pan half with water, place on the stove and start heating.
- When water is boiled, place the bowl of mixture inside.
- Keep heating it on low flame unless it melts completely.
- While melting the beeswax mixture in oven, do not heat it more than 1 minute. Beeswax is highly inflammable, so heat it not more than one minute.
- Do not cover the mixture bowl while melting as it can affect the texture of the balm.
- Comparing with commercial balm in the markets, you would have to apply your DIY lip balm multiple times a day.
Learn how to make your own lip balm with simple household products. KFoods.com tells you a very simple way to prepare a DIY lip balm which is free of any hazardous chemicals plus you would be sure for its hygiene and cleanliness. As winters come, winds become dry which then make our lips dry as well. We regularly need to use balms or vaselines to keep our lips moistured and fresh. Instead of buying chapsticks from market, make an organic lip balm yourself and keep your lips glossy and shiny. Worrying how to make it? Don't worry, we are giving a complete recipe with ingredients names, pictures and each and every step required.