10 Black Salt Benefits Worth Knowing

Appearance:

Black rock salt (kala namak) largely consists of sodium chloride as 97% of its content is NaCl. Remaining 3% is iron. When it is found as rock, it has a pink brown or dark violet color; powder has a light purple color.

Benefits of Kala Namak


Blood Pressure:

Due to low sodium content, it does not increase blood pressure and so it is recommended in place of standard table salt.

Laxative (Dafay Qabz):

Black salt also works as a laxative. It provides with betterment in digestion. To break constipation, make a laxative with lemon, ginger and black salt.

Joints Pain:

Black salt is also helpful in arthritis and paralysis.

Anaemia:

It can also help in anaemia. It is rich with minerals which help treat anaemia problem.

Immune System:

Black salt also benefits us by improving our body immune system.

Losing Weight:

It also aids in weight loss. Black salt promotes the production of digestive juices in the body which ultimately help in better digestion of the food.

Cholesterol:

This rock salt also facilitates the reduction of cholesterol. It reduces the high blood pressure and regulates the heartbeat. By aiding in all these problems, it may therefore protect from heart attacks and strokes.

Diabetes:

Insulin in the body controls the sugar level in body. Diabetics have an uncontrolled insulin system; it could be less or more. If insulin is less, the diabetic has to take more insulin to bring it to the normality. Black salt maintains the sugar level reducing the need to take external insulin.
Diabetic patients should include black salt in their diet in order to improve the control of insulin in their body.

Depression:

Rock salt is also known to help in depression. It contains serotonin and melatonin, two hormones which promote good mind, relaxation and better sleep.

Intestinal Gas:

Roast the black rock salt in a copper pot, once it changes the color, mix with warm water and drink. It is helpful to cure intestinal gas problem.


Share your opinions on 10 Black Salt Benefits Worth Knowing
(leave comments in the box below)

Black salt is highly beneficial to our health. In spite of its exclusive advantage, it lacks the generic use in our homes. If you would like to obtain certain improvements to your health, you need to consider using kala namak in your everyday life.

What is Black Salt?

Black or Kala Salt also known as Kala Namak, Black Lava Salt or Sanchal Salt. It mainly comprises of sodium chloride. It is found in Utah USA, Hawaii, Australia, Peru and Bolivia. In view of it's extra ordinary benefits to health, it is being used in various kinds of medicines and in some beauty products. It is also used in some juices and homemade beverages for taste.

By Farhan Javed    |    In Health and Fitness   |    2 Comments    |    56631 Views    |    24 Apr 2016

About the Author

Author Picture

Farhan

A natural foodie with natural vibes of writing. I love to write on my favorite topics that are foods and fashion. I get inspiration from successful personalities of the world. To read my posts, keep visiting KFoods.com articles.

Comments/Ask Question

Kala namak is used extensively in South Asian cuisines of Bangladesh, Nepal, India and Pakistan as a condiment or added to chaats, chutneys, salads, all kinds of fruits, raitas and many other savory Indian snacks. Chaat masala, an Indian spice blend, is dependent upon black salt for its characteristic sulfurous hard-boiled-egg aroma. Those who are not accustomed to black salt often describe the smell as similar to rotten eggs.[1] Kala namak is appreciated by some vegans in dishes that mimic the taste of eggs. It is used, for example, to season tofu to mimic an egg salad.[10] Kala namak is considered a cooling spice in ayurveda and is used as a laxative and digestive aid.[3][7][8][11] It is also believed to relieve flatulence and heartburn. It is used in Jammu to cure goitres.[11] This salt is also used to treat hysteria and for making toothpastes by combining it with other mineral and plant ingredients.[3]

May 24, 2017 HDr A G zahid ppn

yes, I use black salt powder in summer. I add it to drinks and juices. It makes them very tasty. I didn't know about benefits. Good to see .

Apr 25, 2016 Amir A. Karim

Read Blog about 10 Black Salt Benefits Worth Knowing and health & fitness, step by step recipes, Beauty & skin care and other related topics with sample homemade solution. Here is variety of health benefits, home-based natural remedies. Find (10 Black Salt Benefits Worth Knowing) and how to utilize other natural ingredients to cure diseases, easy recipes, and other information related to food from KFoods.