soak rice 15 minutes before cooking
heat oil in a saucepan
fry onions to golden brown|
take fried onions out
add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and black peppercorns and crackle in oil
add garlic and fry
add cumin and crackle
add peas and potatoes
add salt, Chinese salt, ground nutmeg and mace, star anise and bay leaves
as water simmers, add rice
add green chili and mint leaves
when water starts drying, revert the layer of rice
put remaining fried onions on rice and place for dam
when rice are tender, take out in a serving dish
Preparing Matar Pulao Recipe
- Rice: 1/2 kg (soaked)
- Onions: 2 large
- Peas: 1 cup
- Potatoes: 1/4 kg
- Garlic Paste: 1 teaspoon
- Oil: 1/2 cup
- White Cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Cloves: 5 pcs
- Cinnamon: 1 large stick
- Cardamom: 1
- Black Peppercorns: 10 to 15
- Nutmeg and Mace: 1/2 spoon (ground)
- Bay Leaves: 2 to 3
- Salt: as per taste
- Chinese Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Water: 1 liter (4 glasses)
- Green Chilies: 8 to 10
- Mint: 1/2 bunch
- Heat oil in a pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and fry until they are golden brown.
- Take out fried onions and put cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorns and
cardamom in same oil.
- When oil starts crackling, add ground garlic.
- When garlic starting turning brown, add fried onions, cumin, peas and
potatoes and mix well. Add water and also salt, Chinese salt, bay leaves,
star anise, ground
nutmeg and mace and cook.
- As water simmers, add rice, green chili and min and cook on low flame.
- As water starts drying, lower the flame and place for dam.
While placing for dam, mix rice well. Put some fried onions on rice and then
place it on stove for low flame.
- Leave on stove for 5 to 10 minutes. When rice are ready, switch stove
- Delicious Aloo Matar Pulao is ready to serve.