Add garlic, ginger, salt, onions, red chili powder, green chili, green
coriander, gram flour and bread slices to minced meat and grind finely twice.
Add raw egg to ground mince, mix well and store in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Boil eggs and peel off.
Cover boiled eggs with mince with oily hands. Store mince-covered eggs in fridge
until gravy is prepared.
Heat oil in a large pan and add whole garam masala (all spices powder) and wait
until it crackles.
When it crackles, add onions and fry to golden brown.
Add ginger, garlic, salt, ground red chili, ground coriander, turmeric powder
and white cumin to yogurt and make a paste.
Add yogurt spice paste.
Cook yogurt until oil becomes visible separately.
Add a cup of water, and when it simmers, add meatballs.
Cook until water is dried without covering the pan.
When water is dried, add another cup of water, add green chili and place for dam
on low heat.
Nargisi Koftas are ready. Take out in a dish and garnish with green coriander
Preparing Nargisi Koftas
- Mince: 1kg
- Ground Ginger Garlic: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: as per taste
- Onions: 2 medium
- Ground Red Chili: 1 tablespoon
- Green Chili: 3 to 4 pcs
- Green Coriander: 1/2 bunch
- Gram Flour: 4 tablespoons
- Bread Slices: 2 pcs
- Eggs: 9 pcs
- Onions: 2 medium (thin chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: as per taste
- Ground Red Chili: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- White Cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Whole All Spice Powder: 1 tablespoon
- Green Chili: 3 to 4 (thin chopped)
- Green Coriander: 1/2 Bunch (thin chopped)
Method for Koftay
- Add all spice ingredients to mince and grind twice.
Add one egg to ground mince and mix well. Store in refrigerator for 10 to 15
- Boil 8 eggs hard, oil your hands slightly and wrap eggs with mince. You
can tie it with string as well. Store in refrigerator until gravy is
Method for Gravy
- Heat oil in a large pan for 3 to 4 minutes, add whole garam masala (all
spices powder) and wait until it crackles.
- Fry onions to golden brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, salt, ground red chili, ground coriander, turmeric
powder and white cumin to yogurt and put in pan.
- Cook yogurt until oil becomes visible separately.
- Add a cup of water, and when it simmers, add meatballs.
- Cook until water is dried without covering the pan.
- Meanwhile, stir the pan a couple of times with the help of a cloth.
- When water is dried, add another cup of water, add green chili and place
for dam on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
Take koftas out carefully. Then take gravy in a serving dish. Then cut meatballs
length and place in the gravy and serve.
1. Before cutting kofta, dip knife in hot water.
2. Koftas can also be prepared like shami kababs
(add ginger garlic, red chili, onions, split bengal gram to mince and boil and
then add rest of the spices.)