|Ingredients for making hot and sour soup.|
|Chopped cabbage, carrots, capsicums and green onions.|
|Add water, onions and peppercorns to meat in a pan and boil.|
|Yakhni is ready.|
|Now take out the boiled meat from pan.|
|Add salt, ground red chili, ground black pepper and Chinese salt in the chicken yakhni.|
|Add corn flour in the yakhni when it is boiled.|
|Soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar and tomato ketchup.|
|Now add chicken pieces/fragments.|
|Add beaten egg.|
|Add cabbage, capsicum, green onion and carrots.|
|Tasty hot and sour soup is ready.|
- Chicken:½ kg
- Water: 8 glasses
- Corn Flour:5 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce:3 tablespoons
- Chili Sauce:2 tablespoons
- Vinegar:2 tablespoons
- Tomato Paste or Ketchup:4 tablespoons
- Eggs:2 pieces
- Ground Black Pepper:1 teaspoon
- Sugar:1 teaspoon
- Ground Red Chili:1 teaspoon
- Thin Chopped Carrots:3 tablespoons
- Thin Chopped Cabbage:2 tablespoons
- Onion:1 Medium
- Boiled Prawns:6 to 8 (Cut)
- Black Peppercorns:6 to 8
- Add chicken, whole onion and 6 to 8 black peppercorns into 8 glass water and boil. When stock is reduced to 6 glasses, turn the stove off.
- Now take chicken out from the yakhni and make its fragments and dispose of the bones.
- Sift the yakhni and place on the stove. Add salt, Chinese salt and ground black pepper and red chili. When it gets boiled, mix corn flour in half mug water and add into the yakhni and cook for 5 minutes.
- When yakhni becomes thick, add soya sauce, chili sauce, vinegar and tomato paste or ketchup and also chicken.
- Now add the beaten eggs; remember that do not move the ladle immediately after adding the eggs. Doing this breaks the eggs into very thin pieces so move the ladle after two minutes so that you get proper pieces of eggs.
- Lastly, add capsicum, carrots, cabbage, green onions and prawns (if you like) and place on dum for 5 to 6 minutes. And so your tasty hot and sour soup is ready.
Chicken hot n sour soup recipe belongs to Asian traditional cuisines. Mostly people from Asian countries mainly from China, Thailand and Pakistan like to enjoy hot and sour soups in winters. The term 'hot n sour' has become a buzz word in the food industry. Nowadays, we can find many restaurants named on this terminology. Not limited to the soups, the term is also being used for many other foods products.
In Pakistani cities, you will find many shops offering variety of sour spicy soups. Soup spots are highly crowded in winters, when people go out walking and enjoy the soups' bowls with their family. People ask one after one bowls fully enjoying the soup galas in the chilly season.
Children also like to have hot and sour soup as they like spicy and sour tastes more than simple ones. It's up to you how much red and black pepper you use to make it spicier and sourer. People enjoy in summers as well as it is a good appetizer; sometimes it is also used to soothe patients as it has some healthy and nutritional benefits as well.
Hot n sour soups mainly belongs to China from the regions of Beijing and Sichuan. Chinese soups are meat-based with some specialized ingredients such as bamboo shoots, day lily buds etc. However, Pakistani cuisines use common ingredients like corn flour, vegetables like carrots, cabbages, green onions, and eggs, sauces and chicken. Use of peppers and vinegar in the soup to make it spicy, is common in many regions.
We have provided with an easy hot and sour soup recipe here, so enjoy it this winter and make your evenings warm and healthy.
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe – Hot and Sour Soup is perfect to beat the chills of winters. Prepared with vegetables, sauces, chicken, prawns, and eggs; hot and sour soup recipe is certainly one of the most healthy starter dish. Hot and Sour Soup contains lots of health benefits and nutrients. This recipe is also suitable for those who are observing diet as it is a full meal. Try it at home and share the warmth among your family. Make Hot and Sour Soup Recipes from our exclusive range and make your occasion special. Feel free to post or share your favorite easy Hot and Sour Soup Recipes in Urdu on this webpage. You can cook this delicious & taste Hot and Sour Soup Recipes in Urdu and serve it to please your family and guests.