Today we will be working on recipe of chicken handi which I have presented here with step by step pictures.
Chicken or Murgh handi is a famous chicken curry of Pakistan and India. It is prepared with boneless chicken, tomatoes, cream and various spices such as fenugreek powder, all spice powder, turmeric, garlic and crushed coconut. People plan to dine out their favorite handi on weekends to enjoy chicken and mutton handi Super Highway, Boat Basin and Do Darya areas in Karachi.
Chicken handi is available in prime restaurants in every city of Pakistan. Due to it's scrumptious taste, it has a very high demand all over Pakistan and India. It is also available in every large restaurant in other cities across Pakistan.
However, the real joy of enjoying murgh handi is to prepare it yourself and then eat with all your family.
Handi chicken recipe in Urdu (step by step).
How to Make Chicken Handi Recipe in English
- Water: 1/2 glass
- Chicken Boneless: 1/2 kg
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: as per taste
- Red Pepper Powder: 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- All Spice Powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- Crushed Coconut: 1 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 pcs
- Tomato: 1 pcs
- Garlic: 10 to 12 cloves
- Fresh Cream: 1/2 cup
- Dry Fenugreek Powder: 1 tablespoon
- Roasted White Cumin: 1 tablespoon
- Pour 1/2 glass water in a pan, add garlic and chopped onion and boil for 5 minutes so that onions and garlic becomes soft.
- Make a paste of of boiled onion, garlic with tomato.
- Pour oil in pan, put onion and tomato paste and cook to dry its water out and roast it.
- Now put salt, pepper, all spice powder, turmeric powder and crushed coconut and roast well.
- When spices are roasted, add chicken and cook until it is tender.
- See if chicken is tenderized, add roasted cumin and dry fenugreek and place for dum for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh cream lastly and turn the stove off.
Do not cook fresh cream. It will be softened with just steam.If you want to cook in a clay pot, leave some gravy after cooking in the pot.
(Clay pot remains hot long after closing stove which dries the water)
|Cut chicken into small pieces|
|Ingredients for Chicken Handi|
|Boil onion and garlic in a pot|
|Grind boiled onion and garlic with tomatoes in a grinder|
|Add salt, pepper, all spice powder, turmeric powder and crushed coconut and roast.|
|When spices are roasted, add chicken and cook until chicken is tender|
|When chicken is tender, add cumin and fenugreek|
|Place chicken for dam for 5 minutes|
|Add fresh cream and close the stove|
|Chicken Creamy Handi is ready. Enjoy!|
Give your reviews on
Boneless Murgh or Chicken Handi Recipe
in the comment box below: