When making mayonnaise, avoid using eggs that are cold from the refrigerator. This often cause a mayonnaise to curdle. Lemon juice can be used instead of vinegar. A lighter salad oil like sunflower or Soybean can be used instead of olive oil.
1. Place the egg yolks, mustard, vinegar and a seasoning of salt and pepper. Measure oil in a cup.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and seasoning to blend, while the machine is running, begin to pour the oil very slowly.
3. Whisk all the time as the mayonnaise begins to thicken. The oil should be poured directly on to the whisk so that it is immediately incorporated into the mixture.
4. When all the oil is added, the mixture will be very thick. 5.Whisk in boiling water, this will give the mayonnaise a lighter color and a slightly softer consistency.
6. Covered and store in the refrigerator, but remember fresh mayonnaise does not keep long, especially in summer!
Posted By: ~Sani~, karachi
What a tasteful mayonnaise dish, I will make it tomorrow after the lunch. I had made some sauce recipes past year but then I got busy in exams, now I am free and back to my hobbies.
- Maidah, Karachi
- Mar 10, 2017
@Zubaier: yolks are used. Verified.
- KFoods.com, Karachi
- Jun 07, 2016
to make mayonnaise, do you use the egg white or yolk?
- Zubaier, East London
- Jun 07, 2016
could this mayonnaise be used in zinger burger? if yes then that's perfect. If not , then pls give the recipe of mayonnaise for using in burgers especially in zinger burger. thanks
- Sidra, karachi
- Jun 02, 2015
how to make chicken mayonnaise..?
- ..., islamabad
- Feb 18, 2012