An Australian , dessert , sponge cake , cut in cubes , dipped in chocolate sauce and then rolled in dessicated coconut .
1. Preheat oven at 180 C for about 20 minutes before you put cake pan in it .
2. Sift together flour , corn flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a bowl beat eggs with castor sugar , until fluffy add vanilla essence.
4. Now you don't need beater , fold sifted ingredients lightly.
( please don't use beater ) .
5. Make sure no lumps in it , fold melted butter .
6. Take a 9 x 9 inch square cake pan , lined with butter paper .
7. Transfer cake batter in pan , bake for 35 - 40 min at 180 C , till the tooth pick
Inserted comes out clean .
8.Let stand 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Wrap with plastic wrap and leave for 2 hours , at room temperature to give the cake a chance to firm up before slicing.
9.To make the icing: In a large bowl, combine icing sugar and cocoa. Add the melted butter and warm milk and mix well to create a fluid, but not too runny, icing.
10.Cut the cake into 12 squares.
11.Place butter paper on a work surface, and set a wire rack on the paper.
12. Pour the shredded coconut into a medium bowl.
13. Using a fork, dip each square into the icing, coating all sides, then coat it in the coconut. Place onto rack to dry. Continue until all lamingtons are coated.
Posted By: kiran razzaq, faisalabad