|Dip chicken in vinegar and salted water well, then wash
and place in a strainer.
|Add yogurt, cream, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, chopped
coriander, chopped cumin seeds, salt, crushed red chilli and ground |
red pepper. Mix well.
Marinate chicken pieces in spices mixture. Leave for 30 to 40 minutes.|
Put marinated chicken in a pan and cook on medium flame.|
Once chicken is fully tenderized and dried, roast well and remove from the
Heat oil in a wok. Now add tomato and ginger garlic paste and fry for 3 to 4
Add 1/2 cup water and cover the pan. Cook on high flame.|
Once tomatoes are softened, remove it's peel. Mash all tomatoes with the help of
Add ground red pepper, crushed red chilli, chopped coriander, chopped cumin
seeds, salt and turmeric. Mix well.|
Now add cooked chicken pieces and mix well in the spice mixture.|
Add thin ginger slices, green chillies, green coriander and mix well. |
Cook on steam, covered (dam) for 2 minutes.
Add dried fenugreek and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes on slow flame.|
Once oil comes on top, remove from the pan.
Burn a piece of coal, place inside the pan, put 2 to 3 drops of oil and cover
the pan. Remove the lid after couple of minutes.|
Delicious chicken tikka karahi is ready.|
Chicken Tikka Karahi Recipe (in English)
Preparing Chicken Tikka
- Chicken: 1/2 kg
- Red Pepper Powder: 1/2 tbsp
- Crushed Red Chilli: 1/2 tbsp
- White Cumin: 1 tsp
- Whole Coriander: 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- Yogurt: 3/4 cup
- Cream: 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice: 3 tbsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Coal: 1 small piece
- Soak chicken in 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt water well
and then wash. Strain the water.
- Mix yogurt, cream, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, coriander , cumin,
salt, red chilli and red pepper and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Leave for 30 to 40 minutes for marination.
- Add marinated chicken to a pan and cook on medium flame.
- Once chicken is cooked and its water is dried out, roast well and remove
from the stove.
- Tomatoes: 250 grams
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 tbsp
- Red Pepper Powder: 1 tsp
- Crushed Red Chilli: 2 tsp
- Whole Coriander: 1-1/2 tsp
- White Cumin: 1-12/ tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Ginger: thinly sliced
- Large Green Chillies: cut elongated slices
- Green Coriander: 1 tbsp
- Dried Fenugreek: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 8 tbsp
Method of Chicken Tikka Karahi Recipe:
- Add oil in wok and heat it.
- Add tomatoes and ginger garlic paste and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 cup water and cover the pan. Cook on fast flame.
- Once all tomatoes are softened, peel them off and mash with the help of
- Then add red pepper, crushed red chilli, coriander, cumin, salt and
turmeric and mix well.
- Now add cooked chicken tikka pieces and mix well.
- Then add thin ginger slices, green chillies, green coriander and mix
- Cook on steam with pan covered for 2 more minutes.
- Once oil appears on top, remove the pan.
- Burn the piece of coal, place it on chicken (while placed on aluminum
foil or onion peel).
- Put 2 to 3 drops of oil and cover the pan.
- Delicious chicken tikka karahi is ready to serve.