How to Cook Haleem (Recipe in English)
- Beef:1 kg
- Onions:1/4 kg
- Tomatoes:2 to 3
- Salt:as per taste
- Red Chili Powder:6 teaspoons
- Yogurt:2 tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder:1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:4 teaspoons
- All Spice Powder:1 tablespoon
- Bay Leaves:2 to 3
- Oil:1/2 cup
- Wheat:1/4 kg
- Barley:1/4 kg
- Split Gram Lentils:1/4 kg
- Green Gram:1/4 kg
- Ginger Garlic:2 tablespoons
- Fried onions
- green coriander
- green chili
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When oil starts crackling, add all spice powder and then onions and fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Add salt, ginger garlic, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, tomatoes, yogurt and meat and cook. Add 5 to 6 glass water to tenderize it well.
- When meat is tender, roast it again.
- Grind cooked meat slightly to separate its filaments
- Grind all pulses including wheat and barley.
- Add ground meat to ground pulses and place the pot on stove and keep moving the ladle (ghota lagana).
- When it gets thicker, haleem is ready.
- Enjoy with ginger, lemon, fried onions, mint, coriander and green chilies.
Step by Step with Pictures:
Green Gram, Chana Dal, Barley and Wheat
Spices for Haleem
Add All Spice Powder and Onions, Fry Onions Until Golden Brown. Add All Other Spices and Cook
Add Meat and Cook Well. Pour 5 to 6 Glass Water to Tenderize Meat
Haleem Qorma is Ready
Boiled Lentils, Barley and Wheat
Mix Boiled Ground Lentils with Ground Meat
Mix Well With Ladle
Haleem is Ready
Enjoy with Ginger, Lemon, Fried Onions, Mint, Coriander and Green Chilies.