|Wash Bengal Split Gram (Chana Dal) and soak for 2 to 3 hours|
|Add whole red chili, salt, onions, white cumin, coriander
powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic and water to meat and cook at low heat|
|Once meat is tender, add soaked lentils|
|As lentil is tender and dry, add ground allspice powder|
|Grind meat and lentil with wooden ladle or churner|
|Add onions, green coriander, mint, green chilies and eggs
into ground kabab material.|
|Fry in hot oil in pan. Revert when one side is fried. Take
out to a plate when fully fried.|
|Tasty Beef Shami Kababs are ready.|
Recipe for Beef Shami Kebabs
- Meat: 1/2 kg
- Split Bengal Gram: 1/8 kg
- Whole Red Chilies: 10 to 15 (as much required)
- Salt: as required
- White Cumin: 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder: 2 tsps
- Ground All Spice Powder: 1 tsp
- Onion: 1 small
- Ginger Garlic Powder: 2 tsps
- Water: as required
- Oil: for frying
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Ingredients for Garnishing:
- Thin Chopped Onions: 2 to 3 pcs
- Green Coriander: 1/2 bunch
- Mint: 1/2 bunch
- Green Chilies: 5 to 6 (as much you like)
- Eggs: 2 pcs
- Wash Bengal split gram and soak.
- Cook whole red chilies, salt, onions, white cumin, coriander powder,
turmeric powder, ginger, meat and water in a pan.
- When meat is tender, add soaked lentil; when tender and dried, add all
spice powder and mix well.
- When meat and lentil is tenderized, grind meat and lentil with a wooden
ladle or churner.
- Cut onions, green chilies, green coriander and mint into thin slices and
add to ground meat and lentil mixture. Make kababs and fry in hot oil.
- Beef shami kebabs are ready. Serve hot with ketchup and chatni.